More threads by Sabine

Sabine

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a competitor who's using many fake residential addresses with the same phone number. He has no storefront on any of his fake addresses.
He's ranking better and better and me I am ranking worst and worst.
I filled a complaint and I am waiting. I am desperate and if it continues like this I will have to close my business
Do you think that google will do something or not.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Sabine

@Sabine, Google may remove some or all of those, but you can't rely on it, and it may take a while.

Your chances are somewhat better if you get multiple people with solid histories of Google Maps edits to send in edits (assuming Google agrees with those edits).

If you post (or DM me) the Google Maps links to the specific pages I can take a quick look and send in some edits.

Dear Phil,

First thank you for your answer and advices, I really appreciate.

I will send you a DM with the links.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

Sabine

Hi Tony,

If you have a few minutes to do that that would be great.
thanks in advance

Hello everyone,
I am coming back to you to find out if you can advise me someone who could take care of reporting a competitor who has 5 GMB records with fakes addresses and the same cell phone number.
I am ready to pay a reasonable amount.
I ask for help because I don't speak English well and I am not used to giving the correct proofs to google.
Thank you very much for your help because I am totally lost.

@Sabine, Google may remove some or all of those, but you can't rely on it, and it may take a while.

Your chances are somewhat better if you get multiple people with solid histories of Google Maps edits to send in edits (assuming Google agrees with those edits).

If you post (or DM me) the Google Maps links to the specific pages I can take a quick look and send in some edits.

Phil - I have a similar problem - can you help me as well?

Phil - I am in a similar situation. We have a competitor, Innovative Basement Authority, who created a fake company with fake reviews. The fake co has the perfect name for google SEO "Minneapolis Foundation Services". I filled out the google form but to no avail. If you call the # it goes to Innovative. What gets me is that they don't show a contractors license or a radon license on the fake website - so to me seems illegal as well. My co is Standard Water Control Systems. Any suggestions? See attached pic hope that helps. I don't know what to do.

FakeCoInnovative.JPG

@PackerFan, which form did you fill out, the Google Redressal Form? It needs to be documented well, with pictures or other info proving your assertions. Even then, Google seems pretty slow these days.

The street view for that address looks like a vacant lot, is that currently accurate? If you take your own picture and submit that, it might help. Though I'm not sure how they got an address validated if there's no building there; maybe it was torn down?

Anyway, I just submitted an edit, but who knows if that will help. And for the record, I don't know why I'm helping a Packers Fan being that I'm in Dallas 😉

I personally made a trusted map editing gmail account.
Over a few months, I looked for high spam niches in my local area. Next I made edits to listings violating Google guidelines.
Now that my account is trusted, I can suggest map edits usually they all get approved within a few weeks.

Terminex had to get a unstaffed office location and moved nearly 300 reviews to this listing.
I must of taken down 30 fake Terminex listings but the unstaffed office is unfortunately ranking in the 3 pack here.
Sometimes spammers find a loop hole but most of them get taken down.

It’s better to do everything within google guidelines for long term success.
Best advice possible unless you like loosing all your effort’s and starting over.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom