Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
This afternoon I logged into our GMB account and noticed a new module to "Connect in real-time, with Video"

1598568084815.png

Clicking "Set up now" opens this up:

1598568133043.png

This doesn't seem to to be a direct Zoom/GMB integration, but instead, if you select the Google Meet or Zoom option it takes you to:

and

Anyone else seeing this option in your GMB dashboard?

What are your thoughts on Google including Zoom as an option?

whitespark

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Whoa. WHOA! Does this mean that you'll be able to have a button on your Business Profile that will trigger a video chat in real time? Like, instant video call for sales/support?

That would be amazing.

whitespark

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Tomas on our GMB team tested and it seems half-baked so far. It doesn't connect to anything. Just goes to the landing pages of Meet and Zoom. Almost feels like this was accidentally released prematurely.

Lluc

Solutions
Reaction score
Seen it too in Spain, but like you mention it is not possible to set up or to configure...
Screenshot_2020-09-03_at_19_15_13.png

Digitaldar

Reaction score
I don't see this option for any of my clients yet but did notice that one of my home reno clients has an option to"book with Google".
Google appears to be working with Thryv
1599169654736.png
1599169696919.png

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I wonder if this is intended for the following attributes. Each of these services allow for a dedicated link. So, maybe this is prematurely launched, but intended to link to a unique room for the following attributes?
  • Online classes
  • Onsite services
  • Online estimates
  • Online appointments

Eddie Nehani

Reaction score
I wonder if this is intended for the following attributes. Each of these services allow for a dedicated link. So, maybe this is prematurely launched, but intended to link to a unique room for the following attributes?
  • Online classes
  • Onsite services
  • Online estimates
  • Online appointments
I would think the same. It almost feels like they are testing it. Look at the language inconsistencies, the tops says online classes, then further down below says, online classes, appointments, estimates. I think those three should have been included on the top.

GMB-videoConferencing1.jpg

gsterling

Reaction score
So this is what Google said to me @Colan Nielsen: This functionality is a further extension of our online services announcement earlier this year. Merchants can already note on their Business Profiles that they offer virtual services and add links for booking online appointments. We're testing some new functionality to help merchants easily get started with video conferencing providers so they can begin offering virtual services. There's no change to what's displayed on the Business Profile."

So it appears that this has to be done with/through reserve with Google partners (although there's some ambiguity there -- can it be done directly w/o a partner). It's also not clear if the booking partner controls the video platform or whether the local business owner has any discretion: Meet vs. Webex vs. Zoom, etc.

The video would stream from the GMB profile page as I understand it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
lukeelliott Using DNI Call Tracking With Website Connected To A GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Lachlan_Wells When you accidentally connect your fake location to the wrong client Spam on Google 2
Ian Hammond "Your business is verified and is currently being connected to Google Search and Maps" (30+ days) Help & Support for Google Local 3
Chaddow Agency Dashboard: Connecting an API when it already been set up Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S How to get a DNS-verified Search Console domain to connect with Google Analytics? Organic SEO 3
J Crawling Apple Maps Connect? Citations 3
Digitaldar How Does GMB Connect Your FB, etc. Reviews? Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Another Huge Article Exposing Spam Tactics on Google Maps - Connected to Scientology Google My Business & Google Maps 13
BrendanT How are you managing Apple Maps Connect across a bunch of clients? Consultant's Corner 7
C Apple Maps Connect - No Hide Address Option Local Search 5
Localwinner Help needed for connecting google Profiles Help & Support for Google Local 7
Dustybones How to Connect your Youtube Channel to your Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 4
JoyHawkins Connecting a G Local listing with an Organic Ranking Local Search 11
rossdunn A Real Pickle Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 9
K New Real Estate (apartments) on Google Maps Local Search 2
M Business Suspended for Using Virtual Address, Moving to New Real Location Moving or Name Changes 4
S Buying reviews, is this a real thing? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D SERPRiver - Google Search API in Real-Time to Scrape Search Results Recycle Bin 0
jasonfox I own a Real Estate Brokerage with 40 agents. What do I tell my agents when they can not create a GMB? Google Duplicates & Merges 17
Visual Realm Testimonials On Website Linking to Real GMB reviews Local Search 1
P GMB for Real Estate Agents Google My Business & Google Maps 7
codyecp Business / State Legal Name vs. Real World Business Name for NAP? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
T Finding Joy and Success in Real Estate Recycle Bin 0
E Noticing lots of real estate listings worldwide now displayed with "manage this listing" rather then "claim this business" Local Search 0
BenFisher What real estate agents and multi-agent offices need to know. Google My Business & Google Maps 18
E Re: The REAL Secret to Ranking in Google Local Recycle Bin 0
Dustybones Using Placester For Real Estate Companies Marketing 0
Linda Buquet Ranking Shakeups, Mike Reports Increase in Packs & Real Estate Listings are Back Google My Business & Google Maps 0
S Real Estate Niche and the six pack?? Local Search 3
Dustybones 6 Real-Time Customer Engagement Solutions for Merchants Local Search 0
Lloyd Silver Real Scout v IDX Broker Consultant's Corner 0
M Real Estate, Layers, Doctors & Dentists... Accountants? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Margaret Ornsby Real Estate, Layers, Doctors & Dentists... Accountants? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Lloyd Silver Any changes to best practices for real estate agents due to latest Google Local algo Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Dustybones How To Spot a Real Negative SEO Attack Local Search 1
Amber Robinson Google drops its 'real name' policy for Google+ - Could Help with Google Reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 16
Dustybones Google Glass discrimination is real! Local Search 0
Linda Buquet The Real Scoop on Microsites for Local SEO by Phil Rozek Local Search 8
S Spammer Copied Reply Re: The REAL Secret to Ranking in Google Local Recycle Bin 1
N Services that post real reviews to fake (alternative) profiles Local Reviews 3
Z vancouver homes real estate Recycle Bin 1
bluehabit Google Places for Real Estate Agents Who Use Brokers Office Local Search 5
Mike Wilton The Real Deal With Yelp Reviews and the Filter Mobile & Social 10
Linda Buquet The REAL Secret to Ranking in Google Local Local Search 18
Kel Real estate listing - TITLE Questions Help & Support for Google Local 14
G My competitor has 25 listing throughout the Chicagoland and only 1 real location Spam on Google 4
Vijay Marathe Google Places listing for a real agent has the same address as that of his principal Local Search 8
hajnasiewicz Google Marketing Kit: Create Video Local Content 3
rutkap Youtube video laying out the biggest problem in locksmith services Spam on Google 2