More threads by socialadsintexas

Reaction score
Using Google Search Ads: for conversions what amount should I use? I see people using $1. The products the store has I am helping range from $100-$5,000 so I would rather not put a large amount. Is it okay to use $1 or does it need to be an exact amount? There are products that are services (Tires & wheels). The conversions I have are for phone calls and online form submissions. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 27
You can put the same conversion value for both calls and online form submissions (e.g. $1.00).

Different conversion values only really matter if you are using Maximize conversion value or Target ROAS automated bid strategies for the campaigns. Google will use these values to help determine bidding.

Another reason some people like to put different conversion values is because of the weight of the type of conversion. For example, if more people make appointments over the phone than via the online form submission, therefore more sales by phone than online form submissions, you might want to place a higher conversion value for calls. These numbers can be completely arbitrary but should be based on your data.

Example:
10 calls led to $1,000 in sales, then you can set the conversion value to $100 for calls
10 form submissions let to $100 in sales, then you can set the conversion value to $10 for form submissions

Hope this answers your question!

You can put the same conversion value for both calls and online form submissions (e.g. $1.00).

Different conversion values only really matter if you are using Maximize conversion value or Target ROAS automated bid strategies for the campaigns. Google will use these values to help determine bidding.

Another reason some people like to put different conversion values is because of the weight of the type of conversion. For example, if more people make appointments over the phone than via the online form submission, therefore more sales by phone than online form submissions, you might want to place a higher conversion value for calls. These numbers can be completely arbitrary but should be based on your data.

Example:
10 calls led to $1,000 in sales, then you can set the conversion value to $100 for calls
10 form submissions let to $100 in sales, then you can set the conversion value to $10 for form submissions

Hope this answers your question!

Wow, thank you so much for this explanation. I never thought about it this way. The product that I have is tires and wheels which can range from just a few hundred dollars to several thousands of dollars, but now I can understand how a phone call can be converted into a formula to provide a number I can use for targeting. Again, thank you for the detailed explanation.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom