Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Jo,

I've never see Jade say to use that GYBO link. My guess is you were on one of the newbie videos for SMBs just getting started? Anyway I think that link redirects to the same place.

These are the links I usually see her pointing business owners to:
http://places.google.com/ Or http://www.google.com/placesforbusiness
(Which redirect to the same place, one is just a little shorter.)

And I assume they redirect to the right country, but maybe not.

Jo Shaer

Reaction score
Hi Linda

It was in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYxnUDac1pw&feature=em-subs_digest so I think you may be right, it's been simplified for people just getting started.

Jade's part starts at exactly on the one hour mark.

The version she shows seems to be creating a page actually from within Google+ with the option to select a local business page or a Company/Institution or band/product etc the first page of options that you see.

I was comparing my notes from the last page I created through the Places for Business dashboard where I didn't get that option.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Ya it's still best to create in the Places dash, not G+. I've seen Mike say that too and I think Jade as well.

Reaction score
I decided to go the G+ route after several experiences (during the Places --> Google+ upgrade) with Places Support advising me to fix long publishing delays after creating new listings by creating a G+ local biz page. It ended with a month-long "technical issue" that prevented the new listing from being properly verified and published.

The listing has since been published, and I have had success with a couple of other G+ listings, but I would advise to stick with using Places to create new listings.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Can virtual offices create Google pages Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Creating unique google pages Multi-Location Issues 3
M Creating unique google pages Multi-Location Issues 3
Linda Buquet Remnant or Shell Google+ Pages? The Different Ways these Local Pests Get Created Google My Business & Google Maps 1
John Tabita Best Practices for creating Google+ and/or Google+ Local Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Amber Robinson Google Support suggests creating G+ Biz page for my SAB Client Google My Business & Google Maps 10
T Can a Credit Union Create Google Posts Without Falling Under Prohibited Content? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
hajnasiewicz Google Marketing Kit: Create Video Local Content 3
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
Nicole Basham Are You Still Creating Regular Google Posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Callmenicholi Google My Business Creating Google Contributor Profiles - Train Wreck Google My Business & Google Maps 9
U Is Google creating more listings with data obtained from elsewhere Google My Business & Google Maps 6
L Second Google listing being created from phone number Help & Support for Google Local 5
D Write/delete/create information from (CMS/ERP/Google App Script) TO GMB API : in both ways Local SEO Tools & Software 1
H Google created a profile for my client - without an address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Garrett Sussman How to Create the Perfect Home Services Listing on Google, Angie's List, and Home Adv Local Reviews 3
S Google creating duplicate instead of "request access" option Google My Business & Google Maps 14
H Can Google My Business Posts Create Duplicate Content Problems Local Search 7
Linda Buquet Google Reviews: Hacks for Creating Review URL Strings with the New Google+ Local Reviews 33
L Create a Viral Marketing Treasure Hunt with Google Business View Google Business View 3
Linda Buquet Create a Viral Marketing Treasure Hunt with Google Business View Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet Creating Custom Google Maps with Google Maps Engine Google My Business & Google Maps 10
L Should I wait till after I move to create google listings? Local Search 3
Travis Van Slooten How Do We Create NEW Google Places Listings in 2014? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Linda Buquet How to Create Fake Google Places Listings - Getting Google's Attention to Stop Spam Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Tyson Downs Creating Two New Google + Local Accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Linda Buquet Hot! Create Google+ Badges for Yourself & Clients Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google updates and disavow options creating mass hysteria Organic SEO 6
G Still Required to Create Google+, Google+Business Before Creating a Google+Local?? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
M Google creating a duplicate listing AFTER verification?! Help & Support for Google Local 7
Andrew Forster No listing in Places Dasbhoard when creating business through Google+ - Bug? Local Search 6
O Create an online store with Chinese goods Recycle Bin 0
J Recommendations needed for creating a baseline Local Search 4
D GMB Reinstate or Create New Account After Relocating Local SEO Job Board 2
eshad Account suspended, duplicate created. Suspended listing shows. Verified listing does not Google Duplicates & Merges 3
W 1 business wants to create 2 profiles Google Local 101 11
H Home page and create map Google My Business & Google Maps 0
P Posts Created for Change in Business Hours Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter NEW Creating a new article thread How To Guides 0
djbaxter NEW How to create a new question and answer thread How To Guides 4
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
ashikjibon Can I create another GMB page by using the same Business name? (Different Location) Multi-Location Issues 4
P Creating Content Silo to improve Category Page (Best Practice Query) Local Content 1
j_holtslander Insta-fail when creating a place? Help & Support for Google Local 5
C Help: new owner for biz, former employee created GMB, posting offensive photos and won't relinquish Help & Support for Google Local 12
H Should I create a GMB if there is no 3-pack in the SERP? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
N Creating new location groups, does it affect other owners/managers' views? Multi-Location Issues 2
Oliver Keates Creating a GMB after Covid 19 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
CarrieHill NEW Use Places Scout to Create Visual Aids for Ranking, Monitor GMB Changes & Create GMB Scorecards Local SEO Tools & Software 4
Greg Bernhardt Creating a GMB listing for attorney owner of law firm Google My Business & Google Maps 7