More threads by PeteC122

Reaction score
Hi Experts,

I have a query around blog posts and the creating of Silos to help improve my categories (Hub pages).

My understanding of this (please correct me if I am wrong), is that related articles (within my blog section on my website) should be linked together and not linked to anything else in any way that is not directly within that topic.

These linked articles should also link to the category(hub) page in question that you are trying to improve. And possibly to the product page as well? -

So for example - Gardening Equipment Rental Website

Blog Section Has articles based on Gardening

Article 1 - How to properly mow a lawn?

Article 2 - General Lawn Care Tips

Article 3 - Garden Maintenance jobs for the Autumn

Now...

Articles 1 and 2 will be linked together and linked to the mowing category and the lawnmower product.

The Lawn Mower category will have also links going back to these Articles 1 &2 .

At the bottom of the articles, Should I also have some text saying, "You may also be interested in reading... Article 3 " - But make this a No Follow Link ? so i don't confuse the silo or weaken it in any way?

Does anyone know how best to do this ? or can point me in the direction or a good example/article which would help

If content Silo's doesn't work anymore then please advise on an alternative technique?
Many thanks
Pete

Solution
Hey Pete,

This sounds like a good plan - I would just suggest putting the content directly under the Gardening page instead of the blog.

Ex: domain.com/gardening/topic1 vs domain.com/blog/topic1
Hey Pete,

This sounds like a good plan - I would just suggest putting the content directly under the Gardening page instead of the blog.

Ex: domain.com/gardening/topic1 vs domain.com/blog/topic1

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom