JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What's currently the best way to report a Google My Business business name to changed or listing to be taken down?

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Suggest an Edit on Maps> Select that it's closed and press the spam option.

One more ;)

What if they're operating under an assumed name that is not legally their name? And what if I don't know what the name is?

Example, there's a company out there operating under a very similar name to a client and it's causing brand confusion. The competitor with the similar name is getting our client's calls and vice versa. I look the competitor up with Secretary of State and it is not an assumed legal name or legal DBA. Advice?

P.S. Can GMB page names be a DBA name? Is that within the TOS?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Usually it's pretty easy to get the real name if you place a call to the business. If they don't answer the phone and say the name you can literally just say you're not sure you have the right business and then ask if you've reached (list the other company's name). Also I'm sure your client could tell you? Wouldn't he know since it's his local competition?

As far as using a DBA, I would say Google is fine with it if it matches what the business brands themselves as in the real world (their sign, how they answer the phone etc).

Ramon

Reaction score
If you have in Google maps rank Local Expert level 4 or 5.

Work perfect! :)

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
If you have in Google maps rank Local Expert level 4 or 5.

Work perfect! :)

Is this in reference to being a level 5 "local guide"? I didn't know they had this much power...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Linda Buquet Current Google+ Local Bugs and Problems Roundup Report Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter WordPress: The NoneNone Brute Force Attacks: Currently Active Websites, Software, and Security 0
A GSC request indexing feature is currently disabled. Is there another option to request indexing? Organic SEO 1
valentinb13 Current business GMB not showing up—Old Business is Google Duplicates & Merges 8
S Is the service description section on GMB available for all industries? I am currently working on a business thats an event venue. Service Area Businesses 3
Ian Hammond "Your business is verified and is currently being connected to Google Search and Maps" (30+ days) Help & Support for Google Local 3
djbaxter Stay current with the latest WordPress and Plugins Security Issues with this newsletter Websites, Software, and Security 0
Henry LocalClarity Current value of complete Latitude & Longitude for every location in a chain? Google Local 101 1
Oliver Keates Optimising Current Citations To Increase Ranking Google My Business & Google Maps 7
M *HELP* What to do when current owner denies transfer request. Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J Get GMB Ownership w/o Current Owner Google My Business & Google Maps 6
pbarnhart Current Google Local Biz Terms Google Local 101 0
C I'm ranking in local pack in different city other than current location Local Search 5
Eric Rohrback What Are You Currently Using for Project Management? Consultant's Corner 7
L What is Currently on Your SEO Tool Belt? Local SEO Tools & Software 9
frederickwebpro Current best practice for G+ "introduction" (Formerly Google Places Description) Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Current Research On G+ (Maps) Clicks Vs Organic? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Google Phone Support Hours Currently Limited Due to Backlog Google My Business & Google Maps 16
T Making edits to a currently verified Google listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
F Remove Association of Previous Google+ Account With Current Website w/o Rank Loss Local Search 0
Lloyd Silver No Current Website - Best course of action to support Google My Business Google My Business & Google Maps 5
M Most current statistics Local Search 1
Susan Walsh We currently do not support this location - back again Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Mike Wilton Google+ Local Conversion Generating "We currently do not support the location." Error Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Jo Shaer Current Best Practice For Suspending/Deleting A Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Spam registrations rampant currently Mod Squad 3
M Initials and & - current best practices? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
MiriamEllis Initials and & - current best practices? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
D Google - We currently do not support the location??? Help & Support for Google Local 4
G We currently do not support the location Recycle Bin 0
S Listing Shows in Search Results, In Dashboard says we currently do not support Help & Support for Google Local 4
Simon James Just to check my understanding of the current state of play for multiple locations... Help & Support for Google Local 17
Susan Walsh We currently do not support the location Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 1
K Listing Not Ranking After Recovering from "We Currently Do Not Support" Error Help & Support for Google Local 4
J Reporting unethical GMB practices Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Kahlert How to get the insights report's csv file into a good format? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
AndySimpson Your insights are moving - New Look for Insight Reports NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 7
swmaher Reporting Spamming Service Area Businesses Spam on Google 6
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 4
Caroline S 1 Service Area Business, 10 Listings, Several Redressals Reported, No Action From Google - Help! Help & Support for Google Local 7
raellovepie Reported GMB keeps coming back. Need Advice Spam on Google 1
WAHamilton Spam listing reported through Redressal Form and not removed. Next steps? Spam on Google 5
Rich Owings How to report fake/duplicate listing Spam on Google 3
J Reporting 3 fake reviews...please help Local Reviews 2
raellovepie 1 Address - 9 Confirmed Listings | Best way to report? Spam on Google 5
K GMB Server Errors when trying to report a duplicate Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J How to report a temporarily closed business? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter How spam reports are used at Google: Manual actions vs. algorithm updates Spam on Google 2
CraigJMount Mobility Reports- Apple Maps & Google Maps Local Search 2
A Form to Report Google Users for Spam? Local Search 3