Reaction score
Hello, I will show a kind of custom map.
Every circle has lots of dots.
Every dots have a keyword, title, description and link to the main dot.
I wonder that why do people do that?
Is it convenient according to the guidelines?
Does it have a usage?

Thank you for answers even now.

Screenshot_11.png

Lachlan_Wells

Reaction score
Hi KTG SEO Police, this strategy is sold on Legiit and other platforms as ‘GMB stacking’, ‘GMB citations’ or other names. I have no idea if it works, it’s not against the guidelines so feel free to use it for your client and let the forum know if you had any results.

Before you spend time on that though, I would ask yourself these questions:

If this tactic works, why hasn’t Google prohibited it in their guidelines?

Why is it that the only people talking about this tactic and claiming it works, those that are selling it? Perhaps they want you to think it works because it’s an easy product for them to sell?

I’d love to hear some opinions on this, can anyone predict how this trend started?

Lachlan_Wells

Reaction score
Here's another thread that answers it well.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JoshuaMackens Customer Heat Map Consultant's Corner 7
JoyHawkins Do Custom Google Maps Help Ranking? Local Search 13
Mark Warner Any Benefit to Being Listed on Custom Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Google Polling Customers via the Maps App - Wonder if they'll display that data Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Creating Custom Google Maps with Google Maps Engine Google My Business & Google Maps 10
A Now Missing - Customize & Preview Embedded Map in Google Classic Maps - Workaround Google My Business & Google Maps 56
M Map Citations for business serving customers in certain area(not at business address) Local Search 1
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
djbaxter How To Use the new noindex and force redirect custom addon for threads Admin Stuff 0
djbaxter Testing new noindex and force redirect custom addon by TickTackk Admin Stuff 0
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
annatindal GMB Customer Uploaded Photos Question All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
S 1-star review (not by customer) Can this be removed? Local Reviews 9
T Will GMB consider a review placed by a customer who was taken to court for a Judgement recovered by the business as Spam or Fake Comment? Local Reviews 1
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
L Big Drop in the number of new reviews made by customers Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Google Allows a Custom List of Services to GMB Listings Service Area Businesses 14
Claire Carlile No 'message you' data showing in Customer actions Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Bank employee gives customer's business negative Google Review after frustrating phone call Local Reviews 1
M Customer Journey Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 1
L Google now allows Site Owners to Customize the Search Results Snippets, but what can be customized? Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
rickvidallon Adding Custom Services to GMB Service Area Businesses 9
rickvidallon Replying to Customer Reviews on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 27
djbaxter Custom BBCode to force nofollow links Local Search Experts Forum 0
Chris Ratchford Anyone familiar w/ Advanced Custom Fields (for WordPress)? Consultant's Corner 6
Monica Simpson FB message for Customer service Citations 5
Ellen Organization Has GMB Listing but Serves No Customers Google My Business & Google Maps 4
cleverlyengaged Multiple reviews from customers are not displaying on client's GMB profile. Nothing for 9 months. Local Reviews 6
Cordell Crowley New? Google Auto-Generating "Suggested Post" w/ Customer Review Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Customer requesting help with SEO optimization for "Customer Name" Keyword Ranking Google Local 101 9
R Free Webinar: How to Use Nextdoor to Reach Your Local Customers Events 0
Oliver Keates Should I be encouraging customers to leave a review on GMB Local Search 10
Garrett Sussman Turning Customers into Storytellers with Jay Baer Local Reviews 0
KevinJr LIKE your customers review? Local Reviews 4
W Checking The Box "I Also Serve Customers At This Business Address" Service Area Businesses 15
John Vuong What is the lifetime value of a customer in Local SEO? Local Search 4
AllSearch52 Calculating the value of 3 pack rankings for customers with no website Local Search 1
H Software to manage customer requests/Orders? Consultant's Corner 0
S Get Speed service at 1^866^877^0191 Sony Customer Service Number Recycle Bin 0
Garrett Sussman How To Get Your Unhappy Customers To Change a Bad Review Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Senior Citizen Reviews: Getting Amazing Reviews From Low-Tech Customers Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How to Encourage Customers to Use Keywords in their Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Online Review Challenges for the Small Business: Low Customer Volume Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman [New Post] Revenge and Reward: Is Your Customer Service Team Likeable? Local Reviews 0
Digitaldar Can Customers Change Their Google Review of a Business? Local Search 1
C Abusive customer review Local Reviews 7