More threads by Conor Treacy

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm checking to see if anyone has any tools or sites that they use to gather keywords for articles after the article has already been created.

For example, we're running a content audit on a site. They have 50 or so blog posts. While they have articles, nobody really knows the target keywords (it was written in-house, but not with any SEO guidance).

Here's what we're doing to determine if articles can be combined, deleted, or rewritten.
  • Use screamingfrog to extract content from the articles
  • Dump the info to a file
  • Use prompts with chatgpt to create a list of keywords (tried other AIs too, but chatgpt did a decent job - also tried Google Ads to analyze a URL and create keywords)
  • Dump to Excel and prepare to analyze
Nearly every tool on the market when it comes to keywords and enhancing articles wants to know the target keyword FIRST. It then uses TF-IDF or similar to find related keywords to an article and outlines for enhancements.

I've tried using other tools and scripts even just to summarize an article and then make extractions.

Aside from reading every article and manually assigning target keywords and topics, and then going through to run analysis, does anyone have any other suggestions or tools they might have run across?

Solution
Hi Conor,

Are these articles already published and indexed?

I would start by reviewing what queries are already driving traffic to the pages. I would use Google search console.
Hi Conor,

Are these articles already published and indexed?

I would start by reviewing what queries are already driving traffic to the pages. I would use Google search console.

Solution
We think the same way @Colan Nielsen

Articles are indexed and published. Some are over a year old, most are less than 6 months.

NONE have keywords ranked in ahrefs.
NONE have external back links (only some have internal links)
NONE have clicks (even at 1 year)
Very Few have impressions and the ones that do are ranked position 80+

It's rough!

I had some TLDR promos and tools to give me brief summaries but it's all focused on the company name and conclusions.

I could delete them all and it would have no effect. They all need rewrite or combine for a fluid thought.

This is what happens when there's no direction and they just read that they should post a blog each week :)

Add on top that they blocked themselves from console for about 8 months in 2021 and analytics has no traffic to the articles and it gets to be real fun.

At least I'm on the same thought line as yourself.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom