More threads by KymM

KymM

Reaction score
We recently had a client cancel our services, so we invited them to own their GBP and removed our account from the listing. My coworker says she thought she made sure they had access before removing our account, but she can't be sure. We got a call from them soon after that their GBP has completely disappeared. It is not in their account, they cannot find the email about owning the listing, and it's not visible on maps either. They only have access to a listing with outdated information marked permanently closed.

Where did their listing go? Was it merged with the old duplicate? Did it get deleted when we removed ourselves? Is it possible that it's the same listing, but all of our changes were reverted when we removed ourselves? I know no one can tell exactly what happened but I'm curious if you've experienced something similar.

Hi Kym, if the listing was indeed removed without adding or transferring it to a different email then it's possible that it has disappeared. This happens often when a listing is removed from the Google business profile dashboard and no managers are connected to it anymore.

To expand on what Colan said, I was told in fairly indirect ways that a rather aggressive algorithm now takes a look at GBPs that lose all managers. That's why these GBPs are unusually likely (but not guaranteed) to be killed by Google.

There's story around about people who managed to get a deleted GBP restored because they had the CIDs documented, but we've not managed it at our agency (the slow, but constant decline in support quality may or may not be a factor).

Hi @Colan Nielsen one of my clients has got in touch with this exact issue today. He mistakenly deleted all profiles from his personal gmail account before trying to add them to the car dealerships own gmail account. The listings have literally disappeared overnight
What is the process of gaining access to these? There are 11 locations with years of history and hundreds of reviews on each!

Thanks in advance

Hi @Colan Nielsen one of my clients has got in touch with this exact issue today. He mistakenly deleted all profiles from his personal gmail account before trying to add them to the car dealerships own gmail account. The listings have literally disappeared overnight
What is the process of gaining access to these? There are 11 locations with years of history and hundreds of reviews on each!

Thanks in advance

We had the CID and talked to a few different support reps and were never able to get the listing restored. Better luck to you!

hi @Colan Nielsen thanks for the info. We were able to obtain some details of the profiles via the Google Map Embed code mentioned on your page.
Its now with Google to look at.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom