More threads by Durandl

Solutions
Reaction score
Two very interesting articles/videos came out on the same day from the most respectable local SEO gurus I know.

According to @JoyHawkins Service areas do not impact rankings:

According to Darren Shaw @whitespark they do

🤔

Interested to hear what everyone thinks

Solution
I think Justin nailed it here with this reply and the ranking fluctuations Darren shows are related to hiding and showing the address, which we have seen historically, does have an impact on ranking.

When you update the address, definitely check in a week or 2 to see if you're ranking now in the new area. If not, you're impacted by the bug referenced on the thread here.

Thanks, Joy. So I've updated the address and triggered re-verification. Do I need to hide the address now before starting the verification process?

Thanks, Joy. So I've updated the address and triggered re-verification. Do I need to hide the address now before starting the verification process?

Yes you need to hide your address. You should have edited the address then select hide your address.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom