More threads by erickseo

erickseo

Reaction score
We have a Call Tracking Metrics phone number listed as the primary phone number specifically for GMB, we then have the citation/website phone number listed second. We list a CTM GMB phone number for tracking purposes but that means we leave our citation phone number as 2nd and GMB is so important to have optimized and correct. Would it be better to change out our CTM GMB phone number so our GMB profile is consistent with our site and other citations across the board? How much of an impact is not having our citation/website phone number listed as primary having on our rankings?

Hey Erick,

This is how we set up all our clients. It doesn't hurt ranking.

@erickseo Agreed with Joy. I set all my clients up with a primary phone number which is a Call Tracking Number, and the secondary as the real phone number. It is the only way to get accurate call data from Google. Their insight numbers are usually off 25 - 200%

Hi guys! I have another question related to ranking and the information that doesn't match.

The client has a business in Spain called Musa Nail & Dry Bar and a domain www. musanaildrybar.com. The domain is very new.

We'd like to change the GMB name to "Musa Nail & Beauty Bar", make citations and etc. How crucial is to change the name of the domain too and how it will affect rankings? Thank you in advance!

I wouldn't change the name of the domain to match the business. It won't help ranking much, if at all. It is more important to fill out the GMB dashboard to the fullest, post photos, videos, description, etc, get reviews and get local links. The domain won't have much to do with ranking.

I would leave the domain alone unless the new one is really keyword rich.

@JoyHawkins late to the game here, but want to ask it this way as well. For building situations, I am assuming that you would use the "real" phone number, not a call tracking number... I await your sage advice :geek:

What do you mean by building situations?

LOL that makes a lot more sense :)

I would use the real phone number on all the citations, not the tracking number.

LOL that makes a lot more sense :)

I would use the real phone number on all the citations, not the tracking number.

Perfect, that was what I was expecting and hoping, but have to confirm with the Wizard!!! Thanks and stay well.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom