More threads by JS Girard

JS Girard

Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
This came to me recently. A good example is roof snow removal, a seasonal service commonly offered by roofing companies in Canada. These business can have "Snow Removal Service" as a secondary category, makes sense. Now, the big question is, do you think there's any difference whether the service(s) for Roof snow removal are placed under the "roofing contractor" category instead of "Snow Removal Service"

For the purpose of this, assumes there will not be any manual category switch made during the winter season.

Non seasonal examples abound too, for example, paving, excavation and demolition are very commonly part of the range of services for companies with this sort of heavy equipment.

When Google suggests custom services for your profile, they do so in both the primary and additional categories. This would lead me to conclude that it should be what is the most relevant category, not what is the primary.

Having said that, services can be repeated across different categories so it might be best to put it on more than one.

When Google suggests custom services for your profile, they do so in both the primary and additional categories. This would lead me to conclude that it should be what is the most relevant category, not what is the primary.

Having said that, services can be repeated across different categories so it might be best to put it on more than one.

Can they? I've never checked that, but I know usually if I enter a service twice by accident it won't let me save it, so I always assumed you couldn't.

Not talking about suggested services here (those are auto selected across all the relevant categories where they are present). Talking specifically about manually entered ones.

Yeah im referring to custom services too. In our platform we highlight custom services in purple, so Im trying to find an example of one where they are duplicated or where a service might be added to an unrelated category.

I tried adding one through the GBP dashboard this morning, and I'm seeing a bunch of errors. I'll do some more investigating through the API to see if there are more informative error messages as I couldn't decode the response, it just gave me two error IDs.

Annotation on 2024-09-14 at 09-56-16.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom