More threads by tsummy

tsummy

Reaction score
I am trying to assist a client with updating the holiday hours of operation for their 80+ locations on Yelp. Does Yelp offer any types of bulk update features for users that have multiple locations? This would save us a lot of time not having to manually update the holiday hours for each store.

Solution
In order to sync Yext and Yelp, you have to be running ads with Yelp. You have to get a purchase order set up and signed and submit it back to Yext. Each time you onboard a new client, you have to alert Yext. Yelp does not make it easy for multi-location businesses. Yext and other citation management services are hindered by Yelp's show me the money approach.
I'm pretty sure that Yelp still doesn't offer a bulk updating feature which is frustrating for larger clients. However, a paid alternative would be a Yext subscription to perform the bulk update to Yelp along with numerous other directories of varying importance of visibility: Yelp and Yext expand partnership to benefit enterprise businesses

We utilized Yext in the past, but couldn't justify the fee even though it wasn't a wallet buster. However they have really enhanced their reporting features, more directory/citation partners, along with a handful of exclusive integrations (e.g. mapquest), so we are strongly considering to add it as a default component for our SEO clients.

Off the top of my head, I believe @keyserholiday and @Conor Treacy, both very active forum members, could offer additional insight on the value of a Yext subscription if you wanted to go that route.

In order to sync Yext and Yelp, you have to be running ads with Yelp. You have to get a purchase order set up and signed and submit it back to Yext. Each time you onboard a new client, you have to alert Yext. Yelp does not make it easy for multi-location businesses. Yext and other citation management services are hindered by Yelp's show me the money approach.

Solution
could offer additional insight on the value of a Yext subscription if you wanted to go that route.
We were big supporters of Yext, especially if you're updating hours, pictures, coupons etc on a regular basis. But it's a per location service, and it's not inexpensive. Unless you need the other directories in the Yext network, manual updates (or other services) are a better route, in my opinion.

Yext does have bulk updates (update multiple entities via csv upload or dashboard), but as mentioned, for Yelp, you'll need a paid Yelp account with a minimum of 5 locations.

According to Yelp for Business support pages, if you have 10+ locations and are a paid Yelp user, you can reach out to their multilocation support team and they can assist in bulk edits. - 5 ways Yelp can help your multi-location business solve common marketing challenges

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom