billbean

Reaction score
Don't put all your customer review eggs in the Google basket. I know @mblumenthal has said this many times. Thought I would reiterate based on recent client experience.

Small, local business had worked hard to garner 11 reviews on Google. They are now all gone, presumably, because of the recent nonsense. The phone call with Google confirmed there was nothing they could do, and that they knew it was frustrating and they were sorry.

Too bad the business can't cash that "sorry" check.

They have been strongly encouraged to diversify going forward, and are especially receptive to that advice given that their other Google business listing has almost all their reviews for that business as well.

Word to the wise.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Facebook?s Algorithm: Don?t Hate The Player, Change The Game Mobile & Social 1
Don Berthiaume Hi everyone, Don here.... Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 2
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Dana Franks Google putting home page title keyword on other pages Organic SEO 6
champiso Popups in the mobile to put a review to the exit of a local business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
foxxr Can We Put a "Top Rated on Google" Badge on a Website? Local Search 3
D Putting the City Name in Dentist's GMB Listing Local Search 11
bhartzer Added New Place on Maps.. Google Puts Location as My House Google My Business & Google Maps 2
V If you could put an office for a sab anywhere in the city where would you put it? Local Search 0
Linda Buquet 10 Content & Copywriting Tips for Dentists that Put you Ahead of the Pack Local Search 0
Linda Buquet ▶ Google's Massive Effort to Help 30,000 Cities Put Local Businesses On the Map Google My Business & Google Maps 6
K Hacker puts giant cat on Google Maps Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
D What happens when a business moves and puts up a new URL Local Reviews 2
Dustybones Hey! Look who Brightlocal put at the top for Local Search Communities! Local Search 2
L 10 Guidelines for Putting NAP Info on Your Site - Phil Rozek NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
Linda Buquet 10 Guidelines for Putting NAP Info on Your Site - Phil Rozek NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
Linda Buquet New Book: "Five Stars: Putting Online Reviews to Work for Your Business" Local Reviews 1
Bishop Can you put price of service in Google + Business title? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L Careful Where You Put that Thang! Google Map Marker Warning for SABs Service Area Businesses 8
Linda Buquet Careful Where You Put that Thang! Google Map Marker Warning for SABs Service Area Businesses 8
K Better to put City Before or After Keyword Local Search 28