Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Doh! Thanks; I have fixed it. That's another thing to add to the website check list. Not sure how the dev found that link, but oh well! The site has only been live for a month, so the followers may have predated it.

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
An update and a question...

I was able to get rid of the bold text by copying/pasting into a plain text editor and then pasting it back. A simple solution to a weird problem, but I wanted to mention it in case anyone else has description formatting issues they can't resolve.

The question -- the website underwent massive changes, from a several page GoDaddy site to a modern WP site. I've seen SEOs say that large simultaneous changes (CMS, design, site structure and/or menu structure) can tank your rankings. Could that be why he has dropped from high in the 7 pack to #18?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
The question -- the website underwent massive changes, from a several page GoDaddy site to a modern WP site. I've seen SEOs say that large simultaneous changes (CMS, design, site structure and/or menu structure) can tank your rankings. Could that be why he has dropped from high in the 7 pack to #18?

Sure anytime you redesign it can cause a drop. And like I think I mentioned earlier the onsite LOCAL part of the SEO could be improved some.

However he's ranking #2 in PURE organic, so organic ranking does not appear to be the problem. Seems to be on the local side of the house.

Think it was the dupes and maybe description - those things can linger and cause problems even after fixed on the surface.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
However he's ranking D for Asheville Plumber so he's still in the pack at least.

What was he ranking before?

Some work on the onsite SEO could really help I think.

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
That's new. He's back in the pack! He wasn't there at 8 this morning. He was #7 on the map and #8 organic before my work and the new site.

I am still trying to wrap my head around all the ways on-site affects local rankings, but I don't want to ask you to give away any secrets!

Anyway, this is great news. Thanks!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Duplicate Content Issues on City Landing Pages Local Search 10
ValerieM Duplicate G+ page but ranks high - what would you do? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
M Duplicate Pages - Correct SEO Labelling Organic SEO 3
E Automatic Duplicate Google Plus Page Help & Support for Google Local 13
A Do Data Aggregators still have problems with creating duplicate pages? Local Search 8
Rich Owings Yet another duplicate G+ pages issue Help & Support for Google Local 4
mda1125 Duplicate and Verified Google+ Business Pages Help & Support for Google Local 9
K Google My Business Google plus page vs. local page - is one of these a duplicate? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
R What should I do with duplicate G+ page? Help & Support for Google Local 10
A Duplicate listings or duplicate business pages? Google Duplicates & Merges 3
Amber Robinson Duplicate listings or duplicate business pages? Google Duplicates & Merges 3
J Duplicate G+ Pages Help & Support for Google Local 13
M Checklist for Finding Duplicate Place Pages Google Duplicates & Merges 9
Margaret Ornsby Checklist for Finding Duplicate Place Pages Google Duplicates & Merges 9
Dustybones Found Bunch of Duplicate G+ Business Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Remove Duplicate Photos In New Google+ Local Pages? Google My Business & Google Maps 15
L How do we get our Google+ Local page to merge with a duplicate Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Brian Duplicating Home Page content in the description for new Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
WAHamilton Main listing filtered by duplicate, after duplicate is marked as 'closed' Google Duplicates & Merges 6
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
eshad Account suspended, duplicate created. Suspended listing shows. Verified listing does not Google Duplicates & Merges 3
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
F Practitioner Listings being marked as Duplicate - Law firm category Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Ben Walsh Best way to contact the GMB team for duplicates, etc., at the moment? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Creativedge Question on duplicate content and search ranking for dentists Local Search 10
darcycburk Duplicate Department Listing Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Hammer I need help with duplicate listings All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Rich Owings How to report fake/duplicate listing Spam on Google 3
M Missing reviews after business erroneously marked as a duplicate Google Duplicates & Merges 6
coachmarino duplicate thread Contact Us Messages 1
TriciaClements Merging 2 GMB (Not duplicates) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
K GMB Server Errors when trying to report a duplicate Google My Business & Google Maps 2
STM Google My Business Duplicate Listing Removal and Dashboard Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Jeffrey Duplicate merging not working Local Search 2
freerunr Email Notifications: Listings marked as duplicates Google Duplicates & Merges 2
B Google marked listing as duplicate but its not Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Rich Owings Are duplicate listings no longer showing? Google Duplicates & Merges 2
lancemoore22 Duplicate Listing Google Duplicates & Merges 4
W *URGENT* Business incorrectly labeled as "duplicate listing." MY BUSINESS WILL CLOSE IF UNRESOLVED!! Contact Us Messages 1
Mike Yem GMB Duplicate Loop Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
djbaxter Google Discards Duplicated Reconsideration Requests Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tony Wang Duplicate Review - Best Reason to Flag? Local Reviews 1
LisaB Removing 2 Duplicate GMB Listings Google Duplicates & Merges 9
B Duplicate Listings - Google Not Merging Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Barb Davids Duplicate FB Listing in Bright Local Citations 1
mikepetersonwi Unable to create GMB listing as it's considered a duplicate Google Duplicates & Merges 1
CraigJMount 3 Uses of the World "Duplicate Location" in GMB Google Duplicates & Merges 1
ianscott Incorrect Business Names/Duplicate Listings - When To Escalate To Spam Report? Spam on Google 1
djbaxter Active Attack on Duplicator Plugin Vulnerability Websites, Software, and Security 0