More threads by Powersupport

Powersupport

Solutions
Reaction score
Around six years ago I hired an SEO person to redo my website for my service area business, as part of that they made a bunch of town-based landing pages. To go along with those landing pages they made a bunch of different YouTube videos which were cheaply made and just used pictures from my website with some flashing designs and music. Each video was linked to the associated town-based landing page.

My channel has two subscribers and barely any views. I’m just wondering if I could remove those YouTube videos or if there’s a possibility it might hurt my rankings? The town-based landing pages are still used and do pretty well on their own. But I doubt the YouTube videos are helping at all, but I want to be sure before deleting them.

Solution
I don't think removing the videos from the YouTube channel would help in any way. Removing them from the pages on the website would likely have an impact. Whether the impact is positive or negative would need to be tested to figure that out.
I don't think removing the videos from the YouTube channel would help in any way. Removing them from the pages on the website would likely have an impact. Whether the impact is positive or negative would need to be tested to figure that out.

Solution
If you think the videos are cheezy and not really adding info, then I say remove them. It's your brand after all.
As far as rankings up or down as a result of removing, I've not seen any decrease when removing old videos. Often times we will remove and then replace with a new updated video at a later time. We've not seen anything negative as a result of this.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom