More threads by Macitarc

Macitarc

Reaction score
I have a Google My Business account, and I would like to configure my profile in a specific way for better security and management. Here’s what I’m aiming to achieve:

1. Primary Number for Verification: I want to set a different primary phone number specifically for Google verification purposes. For example, when someone attempts to claim my profile and initiates phone verification, the code should be sent to my primary phone number. This way, when Google calls, I will receive the verification code on my primary number.
  2. Secondary Number for Display: I want to add a different number for display purposes on my Google My Business profile. When users visit my profile, they should see this secondary number.
Can anyone suggest how I can set this up in my profile? This configuration would help me avoid unauthorized claims or hijacking of my profile.

Thank you for your assistance.

You can add additional numbers to your GBP along with the primary number, but unfortunately the additional numbers will not display on search and maps, only the primary number will. So this idea won't work :/

You can add additional numbers to your GBP along with the primary number, but unfortunately the additional numbers will not display on search and maps, only the primary number will. So this idea won't work :/

Hi,

Thank you for your response. However, we have noticed that sometimes the verification number is different from the display number on some profiles. When we call for verification, the owners of the business are unaware of the verification number, which prevents the verification process from being completed.

In such situations, should we just report this issue to Google, or is this a known error on Google's end?

Thank you for your assistance.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom