More threads by Rich Owings

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
For the past few months, I have received many GSC reports citing new mobile usability issues for a number of sites. They always say "Clickable elements too close together" and "Content wider than screen." But when I run the Google mobile-friendly testing tool, it says the pages are fine. And when I validate the fix, without making any changes, the fix is accepted. I'm assuming I'm not the only one this is happening to. Does anyone have any insights on it?

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 8.15.56 AM.png

I have received a handful of them too, @Rich Owings . In one case, the report was correct about the content width issue, but the rest of the time, they didn't seem correct to me, and indeed, marking them as fixed seemed to "work" for these cases too.

Thanks, Tim. One other oddity to report... Sometimes they fail the mobile-friendly test in Chrome but pass it in Firefox!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom