Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more cases where Google My Business support reps offer users ranking advice.

Here's a couple recent examples - GMB "Advanced Information" Labels? - Local Search Forum

I was talking to GMB support the other day and the technician seemed very clear that labelling according to the business key terms would provide ranking benefit.
I was also talking to a GMB support person today, in India, and they told me to add my keywords into the labels area and it would help to get indexed in maps for my keywords and would show up within 2 weeks.

Curious, what ranking advice has GMB support given you in the past?

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I quit calling in so I don't have anything to add Colan :/

But it does make one wonder if they know something we don't if they're giving that advice uniform across the board. Or if they are just really being misled. It's almost too coincidental.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Colan Nielsen Examples Needed - Store Locator Pages Local Search 2
Ellen Looking for live example of website using Place Photos Google My Business & Google Maps 5
dave101 Anyone have Good Examples of a GMB listing with a good Q&A section? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
dave101 Local City Page Examples Local Search 4
AndySimpson Quick guide for cleaning up Google My Business spam listings - includes examples Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins What Are the Best Examples You've Seen of Terrible Owner Responses to Reviews? Local Reviews 35
J Is this an example of spam and doorway pages? They have dozens of these yet rank Local Search 13
Garrett Sussman Review-Researching: 3 Examples of Reviews in the Buyer?s Journey Local Reviews 0
Tim Colling Have specific examples of penalties for using Regus centers as "additional offices"? Local Search 15
Weve Got Your Customers Example of a Company Violating Google's Review Guidelines or Legit? Local Reviews 11
mblumenthal Looking For Examples of the Local One Box Local Search 4
J Examples of Amazing Local Landing Pages - List them Here! Local Content 14
JoyHawkins Examples of Amazing Local Landing Pages - List them Here! Local Content 30
Linda Buquet 5 Scary Examples of What Not To Do On Your Website [VIDEO] - Greg Gifford Local Search 1
Linda Buquet 3 Successful Google+ Local Page Examples, iAcqure Blog Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Jamie Steigerwald Google Schema.org Examples Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Google Local Knowledge Graph Showing Google+ Posts - How To & Examples Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Chris_Gregory Looking for local examples of SMB's with a Penguin Penalty Organic SEO 1
Mike Wilton Examples of Corporate Sites with a Strong Local Branch Element Built In Local Search 5
Linda Buquet Winning Local On-Site SEO Template & Example - Local SEO Made Easy Local Search 1
J Crazy Blackhat Example Ranking Puzzles 9
JoyHawkins Crazy Blackhat Example Ranking Puzzles 9
Linda Buquet HOT Google Review Trick & Great Example of Why we Have a Review Spam Filter Local Reviews 12
Linda Buquet Google+ Vanity URL Option Coming Soon - See Examples Local Search 1
A Need Help with Suspension Reinstatement Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Stef Kiley Help needed with a spammy competitor Google My Business & Google Maps 1
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
NevenaIvanova Need help with business detail update of a Chinese business Local Search 3
dave101 Need Referral for CopyWriter Organic SEO 1
J Recommendations needed for creating a baseline Local Search 4
whitespark Everything You Need to Know About Google My Business Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter PHP 8: What WordPress Users Need to Know Websites, Software, and Security 0
raellovepie Reported GMB keeps coming back. Need Advice Spam on Google 1
Kayla Adam Canadian Local SEO Agency Needed Local Search 3
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
D SEO Audit Expert / Consultant Needed Local SEO Job Board 1
K I Need Guidance on How to Handle a Law Practice Buyout & Existing GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Hammer I need help with duplicate listings All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
J Advice Needed - GMB Listing Visibility Issues Help & Support for Google Local 7
B SAB With Virtual Address - Advice Needed Help & Support for Google Local 4
nathangdavidson Need to change the building name for a client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
RobertCarnitas Help Needed: Export/Copy List of Facebook Pages Managed Mobile & Social 4
P I need a recommendation of a person implementing Schema.org (vast experience in json-ld and SEO) Local SEO Job Board 4
Chris Ratchford Can't find call tracking on website... need to remove it Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Nicole Basham Multi-service Service Area Business: GMB Optimization Advice Needed Service Area Businesses 2
danielwallace Needing to transfer reviews from local listings to 1 service area listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
djbaxter Local SEO Experts You Need to Follow on Twitter Local Search 0
amandavantreuren Multiple Verifications needed for Delivery-Only Restaurants that Operate out of cloud kitchens Multi-Location Issues 3
EmilyW Need Help w/Requesting New GMB Postcard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Paul Lappage Do you need to have specific User permissions to update the Attributes? Google My Business & Google Maps 2