More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
The Local Search Forum has just been upgraded to the latest version of Xenforo.

This is a bug fix release so I don't anticipate any new issues resulting from the upgrade, but as always if you notice anything that doesn't seem to be working as it should, please reply to this thread with details.

In other news, over the weekend I migrated all my programs, settings, and files to a new custom built desktop, my first with dual SSD drives, replacing my trusty old Gateway which is now more than 10 years old. I must say that I had never previously had a desktop computer that was that reliable and that lasted that long but it was sadly showing its age (just like me 🤣). It had slowed down and was experiencing random display and memory crashes as I overloaded the system capabilities with numerous open windows and apps like Slack. I'd forgotten how much work was involved in migrating top a new desktop.

May the Fourth be with you. Tonight I will be watching Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker (2019) for the first time. :)

Gateway, wow! I remember the cow-spotted boxes in the aughts, haha. Didn't know they were acquired by Acer and churning out some good machines.

Way to go on the custom rig, though. I'm jealous!

Gateway, wow! I remember the cow-spotted boxes in the aughts, haha. Didn't know they were acquired by Acer and churning out some good machines.
Haha! I never thought of it as "cow-spotted" but you're right. It had that cow-skin logo.

I was actually warned against buying a Gateway at the time because they're previous reputation hadn't been stellar but the salesman assured me they had vastly improved so I decided to take a chance. As I said, it turned out to be a workhorse for me for many years. But it was definitely time to put it out to pasture for a well-earned retirement. :)

LSF style upgraded today to the Xenforo 2.2.5 version.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom