More threads by Storetime

Storetime

Reaction score
Hi

I'm working on this new free tool, which is a tool built for small local businesses to do their "daily digital chores".

The idea is to build a tool, which will be free for the first location you have, where you can:

1) Edit opening hours, phone number etc.
2) respond to reviews and questions
3) build a simple social media plan, and post on social media

We will be integrating into all the relevant platforms needed, but to begin with we have built connections to Google My Business, Facebook, and Tripadvisor, but Yelp and more will come soon.

I'm thankful for all comments and suggestions for how we are gonna build the best tool for local businesses :)

I think for a tool to be successful in this crowded space, it needs to offer more than the existing ones out there. Is there any functionality you'll offer that no other tools have?

Hi Joy, thanks for your comment.

So, i believe there is a couple of areas where we want to be different:

1) We don't have focus on SEO, but on the stores, so we build a tool, which the stores can use, to do their "Daily digital chores", with more a focus on a good customer relationship, than on SEO - luckily those two things follow each other rather well.
But we also add features to make it fit into a world, where you are in your store, helping customers all day, by bunching notifications together to the time period you have time in and so on.

2) We focus on building a platform, instead of building a tool, which means we will be using the data we gather across our users, to help everyone become better, like if you have a mens clothing store, you will have access to analytics about how other mens clothing stores is comparing to you on things like response time, social media posts, social media responses and so on, so you can get a better idea about what you need to change.
Moreover, we also analyse what kind of content works for your branch, to give you ideas for content you could make on social media.

3) It's free for small local stores.
It's 100% free for small local stores (1 store / 1 user) to use - no free trial or anything. free forever.

Do you think this is enough to make us different?

I think for a tool to be successful in this crowded space, it needs to offer more than the existing ones out there. Is there any functionality you'll offer that no other tools have?

My immediate knee jerk reaction is to be wary of a free tool made by... (who?) that needs access to that much critical stuff. But I'm very security conscious unlike your average SMB owner.
The freemium aspect could make it a hit with them though.
<shrug>

Do you have any idea about how we could "remove" the concerns you would have to sign-up for a platform like this?

My immediate knee jerk reaction is to be wary of a free tool made by... (who?) that needs access to that much critical stuff. But I'm very security conscious unlike your average SMB owner.
The freemium aspect could make it a hit with them though.
<shrug>

any idea about how we could "remove" the concerns
To start, be a product of a recognizable, trusted brand name, with publicly available contact information. If I can see your business in Google Street view without wondering if it's a virtual office on the 8th floor of that tower, that'd go a long way too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom