More threads by Kepass

Kepass

Reaction score
As anyone here noticed GBP menu for restaurant impact on local sales rankings ?

Search for specific dishes will be released soon. And it seems like all the information required by menu items on GDP could be a good source of information for the algorithm.

I was wondering if anyone has experimented with it

I haven't as I don't work with any restaurants, but I could see this impacting rankings for specific dish searches. For example, if you are a Thai restaurant and someone searches for "best drunken noodle near me", if you do not mention drunken noodle anywhere on your website or on the menu field in GBP, you will not rank for that search.

However, I would be curious to know if a restaurant lists a dish on their website but NOT on the menu field in GBP, will a listing that does list the dish on GBP have an advantage in rankings? Quite possibly.

Search for specific dishes will be released soon. And it seems like all the information required by menu items on GDP could be a good source of information for the algorithm.

"Searching for specific dishes" is already possible in a roundabout way via the "on the menu" justification, so obviously Google already uses them in some fashion.

Worth remembering that the actual GBP menu itself is not visible in some/most regions. I think it's only visible either in the US or the speaking English region as defined by Google. I'm in Quebec and I certainly can't see menus even if I get "on the menu" justifications!

i recently removed a menu from a profile and so far have not noticed any views for the month decrease. However, I do believe the menu highlights that come from photos attached to reviews help with the rankings. I have tested by searching menu items and do find that if it is in the menu highlight section it ranks well.

Last edited:
i recently removed a menu from a profile and so far have not noticed any views for the month decrease. However, I do believe the menu highlights that come from photos attached to reviews help with the rankings. I have tested by searching menu items and do find that if it is in the menu highlight section it ranks well.

Definitely agree with this.

Very interesting you did here.

Products might be better option for food delivery.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom