More threads by SusaW

SusaW

Reaction score
Hi everybody, we have a client with several locations, one of them in Tampa. We have "enhanced" the names for their GBPs with

[law firm name], Personal Injury Attorney [location]

This has usually not been a big problem (as far as changes through Google were concerned), but during the recent two months or so, the Tampa location specifically is getting flagged constantly regarding their name, i.e. Google changes it back to [law firm name] only. We then accept the change and change it back the following day. Two days or so later the same happens.

My question is, what could be the possible reason for this sudden increase in flagging (apart from a competitor actively targeting them)?

- An increased use of AI by Google?
- The difference of their name in other local listings or business profiles (i.e., would it help if we did the same there?)
- The discrepancy between the GBP name and what is shown in the Structured Data of the respective landing page?

Thanks in advance for your input!

If it is only happening to this location, I would bet it's a competitor editing the name on maps.

To your other points, I would make sure the GBP name matches everywhere possible, including citations, the website, structured data etc. Could be a reason Google "fixes" the name, for sure.

Also, if you have any APIs connected to the profile with authorization to make edits to your profile, that could be a cause too. You can check if you have authorized any here.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom