More threads by Kelloggs1986

Kelloggs1986

Reaction score
Just confirming that the option to caption photos posted to your own Business Profiles on Google Maps seems to have disappeared?

I’ve done a pretty exhaustive check , just a little surprised I haven’t seen it mentioned here or elsewhere online.

I’m talking specifically about Photo only uploads which we used to be able to add a short caption/title too without creating a standalone post.

The option to create an entire post using photo/s plus plenty of text is obviously still available - assumably the removal of this is a push towards the post tool.

I couldn’t seem to caption “photos only” even via the old desktop GMB Manager when I last checked and now even the ability to edit old captions has disappeared on Google Maps app.

The prospect of creating a post for every photo in need of classification is surely not feasible?

Are you sure you're not confusing it with customer updates, which do allow a kind of caption?
1658938962480.jpg

Are you sure you're not confusing it with customer updates, which do allow a kind of caption?
1658938962480.jpg

Yes I have noticed that customers can still caption. But no I was referring to the ability of the business to do so which we could previously but it disappeared with the app.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom