More threads by JeffClevelandTN

Solutions
Reaction score
Does anybody know of an GBP tool that has the ability to monitor and report when a change has been made to a location's GBP info? Specifically wanting to have a report sent when Google changes/adds/deletes: website links, services, operating hours, etc.

Google seems to do this most often with our medical clients, updating info on their GBP that is often incorrect. A reporting tool would be a huge time-saver rather than auditing GBPs manually for changes.

Thanks!

Does anybody know of an GBP tool that has the ability to monitor and report when a change has been made to a location's GBP info? Specifically wanting to have a report sent when Google changes/adds/deletes: website links, services, operating hours, etc.

Google seems to do this most often with our medical clients, updating info on their GBP that is often incorrect. A reporting tool would be a huge time-saver rather than auditing GBPs manually for changes.

Thanks!

I use Yext for this. It comes in handy when I was managing 2000+ locations for multiple brands.

I use Yext for this. It comes in handy when I was managing 2000+ locations for multiple brands.

Thanks Jason, that is definitely an option. Unfortunately for one of our larger clients, they are a franchisee that is allowed to do the majority of their own marketing but.... the franchise's marketing department has a brand account with Yext which prevents us from adding the franchisee locations to our Yext account. I just spoke with our account rep a couple weeks ago and there doesn't appear to be any workarounds.

Ok, this is tricky. Since it's a franchise, they may have rules about what vendors franchisees can work with to protect the brand. If there is an approved vendor list, you can check and see if you can get added to that list. You can ask the franchisee to ask if you can be added to the Yext account. They can create a folder that you can have manager access to in order to monitor the locations you work with. You are correct, Yext won't transfer locations from a brand account to an agency account.
Do you use the GBP API? you can use it to monitor the profiles you have access too.

Unfortunately getting us added to the approved vendor list is not an option. We are grandfathered as our client's vendor, mainly because they are the largest franchisee. We don't use the GBP API, but may go that route if necessary, would prefer not to tie up our programmer's time if there is a readily available third-party solution that would work. Thanks again Jason!

Unfortunately getting us added to the approved vendor list is not an option. We are grandfathered as our client's vendor, mainly because they are the largest franchisee. We don't use the GBP API, but may go that route if necessary, would prefer not to tie up our programmer's time if there is a readily available third-party solution that would work. Thanks again Jason!

As you know, issues can arise when there are different platforming being used, if the data doesn't match Yext and corporate.

Someone on this very forum advertised their beta product GMB Alert recently. I can't remember who though. It's probably not as polished as Yext, obviously.

Very nice, thanks @JS Girard! It definitely looks like it will do pretty much exactly what we are wanting to monitor but it doesn't appear to alert you if there is a change w/o logging into their website and clicking on "Alerts". I've sent a message to inquire.

Looks like you may have seen the beta product mentioned in a post by @Will_GMBEverywhere. Tagging him too. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Thanks!

You can track changes in locations in Telegram bot https://t.me/GLGua_bot
Profile updates - new photos, reviews, changes
Search for places on maps
Subscription to places
Profile information
Statistics
auto responder to reviews
data collection in a Google spreadsheet

@JeffClevelandTN @JS Girard
Sorry I am a little late to the discussion here. I had missed the tagging before.

Yes, our tool GMBAlert.com is an exact solution for the problem you are facing. This is definitely one of the pain points we planned to solve with this tool.

As mentioned, we are still in beta. The product as-is gives very detailed information about the GBP and the changes it has with time, it is pretty good at it as-is. We are still adding features to this, this means that very soon you will be having much more frequent alerts and also have all alert send by email. Also will deal with some of the rough edges.

Please do signup for the free version and let us know if you have any feedback: GMBAlert.com. Let me know if you have any questions here?

Hope this tool will be valuable.

Soooo close! It's really just the marketing pieces left that we're working on (landing page, video, etc). We'll likely launch sometime next week, but if we miss that, then we'll definitely launch the following week.

Soooo close! It's really just the marketing pieces left that we're working on (landing page, video, etc). We'll likely launch sometime next week, but if we miss that, then we'll definitely launch the following week.

That's great news! Looking forward to trying it out.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom