More threads by bethleach

bethleach

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks in advance for the help. I am having quite a number of my clients adding service areas to their businesses and I am confused. These are individual doctors or dentists who practice in one building location. They do not service anyone outside of their building. They are being told to make these changes from another agency. Can you tell me what the protocol is for this type of practice?

Hi
Thanks in advance for the help. I am having quite a number of my clients adding service areas to their businesses and I am confused. These are individual doctors or dentists who practice in one building location. They do not service anyone outside of their building. They are being told to make these changes from another agency. Can you tell me what the protocol is for this type of practice?

Hi Beth,

Here's a great article by Colan Nielson: https://www.sterlingsky.ca/does-the-service-area-in-google-my-business-impact-ranking/

We have a similar situation with a medical practice, but their justification for adding the service areas is legitimate as they provide on-site occupational health services to businesses. The only real benefit is having the service area outlined on the map, which will not help directly with ranking but may help with engagement/conversions.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom