More threads by TheRD

TheRD

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I've read through countless posts on this site, watched too many YouTube videos and read through the Google guidelines and am still not certain, so I'm posting this here.

I'm working with a local real estate agent who runs her own "team" that is part of a national real estate brokerage (William Raveis). We are setting up a website for her and I want to properly set up her GBP account to get the maximum impact for her (her team).

I've seen suggestions on how to claim her name:
A). Jane Smith
B). Jane Smith | Team Name
C). Jane Smith | Team Name | Wiliam Raveis

What is the best option here?

For her address, I've seen 2 options"
1). Use her home address and don't have Google show it, making her a service area business
2). Use her broker's office address (possibly with a Suite, Office #) but use the name in the section above.

I've read it both ways, and each seems to have pros/cons. The biggest concern with using the office address is the brokerage group will outrank her and Google will only show one business at that address.

Looking for some more grounded, proven, Google-approved advice if you can share.

Thank you,

Leland

Solution
A). Jane Smith

Have you read the GBP Guidelines for practitioner names?

You will find your answer there.

The address, option 1.
A). Jane Smith

The address, option 1.

Solution

The address, option 1.

Thanks for the response. I had read through the GBP Guidelines...just saw so much conflicting advice (and frankly live GBP listings that were in violation) that I wanted to double-check before we claim something to avoid an instant suspension. Thanks again!

No problem :) since much of the advice on the web is not good, I always check the guidelines when in doubt.

Is it possible for one to go back and see what address they used for verification with a hidden business address only with a visible service area?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom