Luann

Reaction score
I have a client that got a five-star review on Google. We got the email notification about the review, but when you click to read the review it goes to their dashboard with a message that says "Can't find this review." It doesn't show up in their listing on search either.

Note: This client's listing was suspended (for unknown reason) and just reinstated a few hours before this review was left. Not sure if that would affect anything. They are a moving company.

They can use any 5-star reviews they can get, so we hate to see this one not showing. Could this be a glitch on Google's end, will it just take time to show up or do you think they removed it for some quality issue?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I could see this being related to the listing being reinstated shortly before the review was left. I say this because historically there have been bugs related to reinstatements and reviews going missing.

I would ask the review to edit and re-publish the review.

Also, if you want to share the review content here we can look to see if the review itself is the reason.

Luann

Reaction score
I could see this being related to the listing being reinstated shortly before the review was left. I say this because historically there have been bugs related to reinstatements and reviews going missing.

I would ask the review to edit and re-publish the review.

Also, if you want to share the review content here we can look to see if the review itself is the reason.

Thanks Colan!

I'm not able to see the entire review. It only shows the first sentence or so in the email itself. Here's all I can see of it:

"If looking for great movers at great value, then call 1st Choice Movers. They were one of the few..."

It definitely may be related to them recently being reinstated. I'll see if the client can reach out to the reviewer.

Barb Davids

Reaction score
This happened with a client of mine too. The reviewer couldn't find the review in their profile. It plain wasn't showing even though it showed when looking at the business' card in search. Very strange. So a new one was written. Waiting for it to show. 🤞

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Google Q & A Email Notifications Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Justin Mosebach PSA: Attempts to hijack listings (don't ignore these GMB notification emails) Google My Business & Google Maps 4
freerunr Email Notifications: Listings marked as duplicates Google Duplicates & Merges 2
Niki Gross Email notifications for Q&A Service Area Businesses 1
Dan Foland Anyone else getting email notifications from GMB alerting them of listing changes? Local Search 7
Colan Nielsen Follow a Thread? How to Get Email Notification of New Posts Forum Tech Support 7
S Not Receiving confirmation email - Google Outage Contact Us Messages 1
S Not Receiving confirmation email Contact Us Messages 0
Chris Ratchford GMB account login using @pages.plusgoogle.com email Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J Unable to Log Into Client's GMB with Agency Email Help & Support for Google Local 5
ChristianRdz Missing GMB review email alerts Local Reviews 2
Zdenek Horak Interesting review: the owner sends an email and offers money Local Reviews 5
Tim Colling How to find the email address of another User on a GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Are Others Getting Emails For Backlinks From Free Stock Photos? Organic SEO 3
F Replied to some stupid chain email, ended up getting my Google account disabled, got back on, now all my GMB listings are 'Suspended' but live in maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
CoRichardson Question & Concern Regarding Article About Stay Verified Emails Help & Support for Google Local 9
Simon Cox Anyone seen a Stay Verified email from GMB before? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
CarrieHill Emails from Google "Unpublished Google My Business listings about to be deleted" - Don't Panic! Google My Business & Google Maps 3
K Help to access GMB page where no longer own email address Help & Support for Google Local 3
C How to Claim a GMB listing with a lost Email Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Weird Email from Google? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
A No more email clue! Google My Business & Google Maps 26
S Google places email signature with updating review count Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Jac New Feature >> Got an email from Google >> New! Earn Local Guides points for amazing lists Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Kevin Marshall Should I Create a New Email Address For Citation Work? Citations 11
C Simple & Cheap Multi-Location Review Request Email Generator? Local Reviews 3
S Google Analytics not sending emails. Resource error. Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Brodie Clark Google My Business now showing an email address field? Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
Garrett Sussman 25 Email Review Request Subject Line Templates Local Reviews 2
djbaxter Question: Do images in emails reduce deliverability? Marketing 9
Garrett Sussman The Effectiveness of Email Marketing Versus SMS Marketing Local Reviews 7
JoyHawkins View Emails of Other Managers on a GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 12
S Email about Google + Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet DUPE Re: Google Maps Platform Announcement email Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter Google Maps Platform Announcement email Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Garrett Sussman 3 Insights For Crafting An Effective Review Request Email Drip Campaign Local Reviews 3
Eric Shanfelt Local business emails I can subscribe to? Marketing 1
Garrett Sussman 5 More Unique Email Templates for Requesting Online Reviews Local Reviews 4
jvaquino Email From Google About GMB Photo Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter A Warning: My eMail Malware Memoir Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
Garrett Sussman 7 Unique Email Templates for Requesting Online Reviews Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman A/B Testing Online Review Incentives Via Email Campaigns Local Reviews 4
Eric Rohrback Let's talk about email marketing Marketing 11
Priya Chandra Email - A new way to verify listings on Google My Business - Confirmed Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Tim Colling Email from Google: "Photos are missing from your...listing on Google" Local Search 9
Linda Buquet David Dupe Posts are back. Just 2 in a row. And my email is down too. Recycle Bin 3
Margaret Ornsby email gone from contact info Google My Business & Google Maps 3
R Seeking Advice - Possibly Hijacked Email Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
Rich Owings Duplicate pages under separate email account Help & Support for Google Local 24
Linda Buquet Google Now Sending Google My Business Performance Reports via Email Google My Business & Google Maps 1