FatSniper

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who wants to get their kiosk business GMB verified inside another business.

Similar to this kiosk inside Walmart:

thunderdome

* note the "located in..."

Can anyone tell me how it's done?

Thanks!

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I do know that their is a line in the sand somewhere I just don't know where it is. It's one of those scenarios (kiosks) that are vaguely touched on in the quality guidelines and don't really fit into a traditional local business model so Google seems to deal with them on a case by case basis.

I would assume if there is an accurate GMB category like in the example you provided you should be good.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@FatSniper, I'm curious: what's the kiosk business, what's the containing business, and how do the ownership and branding differ?

If the "located in" isn't too important to you (yet), you can probably get it verified without having to go through GMB support. Just a plan B to Colan's suggestion, which might be the better way.

FatSniper

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your feedback. Very insightful.

I found out some things. It won't be a kiosk. It'll be a sales partnership. They will have an agreement that states they may use their store in a GMB, though.

So, here's what they need/do:

It's barber shop but they are selling barber supplies via barbers in that shop (sort of like an affiliate)

They need to use the shop's address

Need to use one single phone number in multiple shops (potentially hundreds)

MUST say "located in..." xyz barber shop

There will be signage of some form at the shop, like a poster and stuff.

Thanks!

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. in order for this to work they need to be a legally separate business with their own corporate record indicating that they are at that address.

They'd also need to be targeting different categories inside Google My Business or else Google would just keep marking the listing as a duplicate of the original.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
valentinb13 How to Get a GMB verified if you don't have a physical location Service Area Businesses 9
djbaxter Can't Verify "Get Verified" Listing in GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 0
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
T GMB Getting suspended after verification. Help & Support for Google Local 6
Scott ClientClicks How to get GMB to show social media icons in knowledge panel? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
B "Check Insurance Info" Link In GMB - How'd it get there? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Is adding emojis to business name gets penalty from GMB? Local Search 1
Bryan Bloom Users added to a GMB but never get an invite.... 👿 Help & Support for Google Local 5
lincolnchan Branded KW Getting Outranked By Competitor... but neither should have GMB All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
N Should I use a GMB Website to get a citation and links? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Rasmus Himmelstrup UTM parameters on the GMB website button keeps getting removed Multi-Location Issues 2
S Is there a way to get an RSS feed of GMB posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ben Walsh GMB business name keeps getting reverted back to old name after branding change Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
SEO_CarGuy GMB Restaurant Dine-in Attribute getting changed NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
onweblocal How Do I get the GMB for a 53 DA website to show up in the Google Carousel Ranking Puzzles 4
F Replied to some stupid chain email, ended up getting my Google account disabled, got back on, now all my GMB listings are 'Suspended' but live in maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
MannyL GMB page website primary button keeps getting changed NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
Toby 39 Celsius Any feedback? GMB Profile reported repeatedly...now cannot get anyone to review and reinstate Help & Support for Google Local 4
chuckmagee71 GMB Listing Suspended & Can't Get It Back Google My Business & Google Maps 5
BaggySEO Getting blackmailed by GMB Local Reviews 4
L How to get GMB listing to trigger with no address? Service Area Businesses 4
Lanerizz Getting Option to Add Products For GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 11
T GMB 2 reviews and getting listed, etc. Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Avi My GMB Listing Keeps Getting Suspended. Please help! Google My Business & Google Maps 7
BenFisher How to Get Reinstated After a GMB Suspension Events 0
W Can you point to a different URL from within a GMB without it getting suspended? Moving or Name Changes 3
JoyHawkins Issue with Schools Not Being Able to Get New Reviews on GMB Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
razorclicks GMB - Getting a Question Removed Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Bryan Bloom Map Pack & GMB spammed company names - How to Get Google to Care Local Search 12
OnlineLobstar Why Not GMB Give Us an Option for "Get a Quote" Just like Booking? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Vicky Trainor GMB "Get a Quote" button & Role Clarification Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Dan Foland Anyone else getting email notifications from GMB alerting them of listing changes? Local Search 7
Vijay Marathe Getting 500 Server Error when signing in to GMB dashboard! Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J Get GMB Ownership w/o Current Owner Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Cant Login to GMB Today? Getting 404? You are not alone. Just reported to Google. Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C Can't Get Correct GMB Listing To Populate To Request Access Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Google Images associated with GMB. Getting worse? Any new tips Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Digitaldar How to Get Social Media Icons on GMB or Knowledge Box? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C How to get 'Restaurant Menu' in GMB Local Search 2
James Watt 9 Reasons a GMB profile can get suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Linda Buquet How To Get Google Review Links after the GMB Update with Grade.us via Greg Gifford Local Reviews 2
shondarogers How to get GMB cover photo to render correctly on mobile? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
shondarogers Getting 404 error on Google Search from GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 9
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
K Unable to get verified in Google for SAB Local Search 14