More threads by virens

virens

Reaction score
Hi all,

My first post here, hopefully I've done everything correctly! :)

We manage a GMB listing for a mobile bar - the kind you'd see at a musical festival, or outdoor event.

The four GMB categories we think are most relevant are: mobile caterer, bar, cocktail bar, and caterer.

Does anyone have any advice on how we go about choosing the primary one in this instance, and which of the four are worth adding? Given it's clearly a SAB, all the current options aren't quite right, in our opinion. There's also no consistency in the bar's competitors.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @virens those categories sound pretty good to me. Take a look at the listings that rank for your goal keywords and check to see what categories they are using. Make sure you use those too.

Hi @virens,

I second what @Colan Nielsen wrote and will provide an example.

I have a client that has a business space with private office rentals, coworking space, meeting room rentals, etc. When I took over the account, they were using only one category in GMB which was "Business Centre". Everyone else in the local area using "Business Centre" was a UPS Store/copy centre type of business. None of them were competitors of my client. Clearly, the category didn't fit!

Search for a category, such as "mobile caterer" and see what comes up. Are they your competitors? If so, that's probably a good category choice. (I find this really helpful in situations in which a category can be interpreted in different ways. It reveals the general consensus on how the category is being used.)

Thanks, both. I'm glad it's a case of applying common sense!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom