More threads by Bfarr

Bfarr

Reaction score
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has gone through GMB in Canada? I'm looking to see if there's anything different at all or anything I need to keep in mind that's specific to Canada? Do I need a different account for each province or just 1? Thanks a million.

The only thing I know that may be different from GMB in Canada vs. the US is the availability of categories and some attributes. Maybe the Google Guaranteed badge? But nothing major.

As for the different accounts for each province - I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you mean several google accounts? Or several GMB profiles? If so - No for both. Unless you have different store locations across the provinces - you should only have 1 GMB profile.

The only thing I know that may be different from GMB in Canada vs. the US is the availability of categories and some attributes. Maybe the Google Guaranteed badge? But nothing major.

As for the different accounts for each province - I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you mean several google accounts? Or several GMB profiles? If so - No for both. Unless you have different store locations across the provinces - you should only have 1 GMB profile.
Yes that's what I meant but you've answered that so thanks a million for your help. Much appreciated. What specifically do you mean by some categories and attributes though sorry?

On categories - there are some that are available in the US that may not be available in Canada.

For the sake of example (but may not be true in real-world) - Canada may have Pediatric Surgeon and the US may only have a Pediatrician. Or the US may have Cat Hostel but Canada doesn't have.

There are also categories that have the same use but shown in different terms in both countries. Again, just for the sake of example: the US may have a Law Firm and Canada may have a Law Practitioner.

As for the attribute, it's these:

1623256396848.jpg

I could be wrong and maybe because of the main category you selected - but I remember seeing it here in the forum or some article that there are some attributes available in US and UK that may not be available in Canada.

On categories - there are some that are available in the US that may not be available in Canada.

For the sake of example (but may not be true in real-world) - Canada may have Pediatric Surgeon and the US may only have a Pediatrician. Or the US may have Cat Hostel but Canada doesn't have.

There are also categories that have the same use but shown in different terms in both countries. Again, just for the sake of example: the US may have a Law Firm and Canada may have a Law Practitioner.

As for the attribute, it's these:

1623256396848.jpg

I could be wrong and maybe because of the main category you selected - but I remember seeing it here in the forum or some article that there are some attributes available in US and UK that may not be available in Canada.
Perfect. Thanks so much for the help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom