Marcella

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a client who operates a skydiving center about an hour outside of a major city. In an attempt to better serve tourists and customers living in the city, he has opened an office in the city center which will be staffed to take reservations, answer questions and also provide shuttle service to the skydiving center from the city.

I want to create a GMB listing for his new office location, but I'm unsure of a few things:
1. Would this qualify as "multi-location" business - i.e. would the business name and category stay the same as the GMB listing for his physical location?
2. If it's not considered a "multi-location" business, should I modify the business name in some way to reflect the difference between the two locations? Should I use a different category?

I imagine this situation is applicable to other businesses like wineries, kayaking tours, whitewater rafting, etc. Does anyone have experience setting up and managing listings for a business with a similar operations set up?

Thanks so much for your assistance!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Based on your description, since they are both staffed and open to the public (not home-based or a virtual office etc), they'd both be eligible for listings. I'd be sure to add photos of the new location that clearly show the company branding and where customers show up to get help.

Marcella

Reaction score
Hi Joy,
Thank you so much for your response! I can't believe I got a reply from THE Joy Hawkins :)

Do you think it would be advisable to use the same business name for both locations or should they have different names? For example, "ABC Skydiving" (for the physical location) and "ABC Skydiving Reservation Office" (for the city office)?

I know the GMB guidelines are pretty clear about using only the "real world name" of the business and not adding additional information; however, I don't want to confuse or mislead customers about the services offered at each location.

Thank you again for your help!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Haha. Well since we bought the forum I do plan on hanging out here a lot ;)

I think your naming convention makes perfect sense and will make it much clearer to users. I don't think they would consider the "Reservation Office" to be a descriptor. To be safe, just make sure the location has a sign up that specifically says "ABC Skydiving Reservation Office".

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 9
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
B GMB listing missing from search, dashboard and GSC. Yikes!!! Help & Support for Google Local 3
J Wrong GMB Listing Appearing when Searching for Physician by Name Google My Business & Google Maps 4
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
E What is the Click Through Rate / Conversion Rate for GMB or Local 3 Pack listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
IanJohnson Office destroyed in hurricane, what should we do about the GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
abbiebeltran Disgruntled former employee leaves 9 1-star reviews and counting on GMB listing Local Reviews 4
L Recently verified GMB listing not showing much info Help & Support for Google Local 6
RogerM Auditing a GMB listing NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR GMB Listing Services and Products Local Search 2
nathangdavidson Is having more than one GMB listing actually against Google guidelines? Spam on Google 9
C GMB Listing Hijacked Google My Business & Google Maps 3
NickB-Tampa Should a physician's assistant have their own GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
J De-emphasizing a Physician's GMB Listing Local Search 4
DanielTexasLira Business acquires another business. Should I rename the old GMB listing or label it as "Permanently Closed"? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
lukeelliott Using DNI Call Tracking With Website Connected To A GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Google Doesn't Show a Proper Knowledge Panel with GMB Listing Multi-Location Issues 8
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Jeffrey GMB Listing Not Showing For Direct Searches Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Barb Davids GMB Listing vs Local Schema Google My Business & Google Maps 8
T Separate GMB listings for head office/factory and factory/showroom Multi-Location Issues 3
ganapathy Default Google Ads Extension Phone Number (Advanced information section) in GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling Matterport 3D Virtual Tours in GMB listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Kevin Marshall GMB Listing Ownership Hijacked Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Can you add images of Cannabis to GMB listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
NickB-Tampa Issues with transferring GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter SEO Company Sabotages Ex-Client's GMB & Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Justin Mosebach PSA: Attempts to hijack listings (don't ignore these GMB notification emails) Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Tim Colling How to find the email address of another User on a GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
LakewoodSEO Height listed in GMB profiles? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Jeffrey Review count on Ad is different then review count on GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? Help & Support for Google Local 2
R TripAdvisor Reviews On GMB Listing For Hotels Local Reviews 4
david.victor Brand New GMB Listing Suspended (I think) because of...address(?) NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
J Advice Needed - GMB Listing Visibility Issues Help & Support for Google Local 7
kathleen.rhodes GMB listing suspended Help & Support for Google Local 14
J Is GMB Preparing for Paid Listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
F GMB Practitioner Listings vs Organization Listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
Toby 39 Celsius Help - GMB suspends listing, claims dup but there are no dups Help & Support for Google Local 6
steviephil GMB Support telling me to delete & re-add listing to change its language? Multi-Location Issues 4
Nicole Basham Can a storage facility be used for a GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
S Can you verify a GMB listing again? Service Area Businesses 15