More threads by Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR

Reaction score
Hello,

I have some questions about GMB Products and Services:
  • Is there any guideline for GMB Services and Products?
  • What are the differences between them? When should I use them? Do they affect the rankings?
  • Do they give any kind of advantage?
  • Can I add both of them to my listing? I know on some categories I can't do that, but if I can add them both, do they conflict with each other?
Thank you for your answers.

Solution
They don't impact ranking or conflict with each other. Products are a lot more visible so I would prioritize them first.

See these 2 articles for more details:

They don't impact ranking or conflict with each other. Products are a lot more visible so I would prioritize them first.

See these 2 articles for more details:

Solution
Hey Guys,

I was wondering what the best practices are for the services section and uploading products to GMB. If you have any links to help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hey Lucia,

For services, I would just make sure they list all the various services you offer, separated by category so that you can try and get services justifications when people search on Google.

For the product section, use attractive photos and make sure you avoid stock photos whenever possible.

@JoyHawkins are there any guidelines on the images of products? I'm interested in sizes in particular, as some of the photos are appearing uncentred and with a weird crop that shows just a part of the product, which is quite off-putting.

I would default to Google's recommended sizing here:

All uploaded media must meet the following size requirements:
  • Minimum: 400x300 pixels and 10 KB size limit
  • Maximum: 10000x10000 pixels and 25 MB size limit

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom