More threads by Leanne

Leanne

Reaction score
I've been managing 100+ GMB accounts for real estate agents throughout California for the past eight months. Today, I received an account suspension for a small change to a business name - brand new GMB listing. Within an hour, I received another account suspension for another small change to a business name created only four days ago - unrelated to each other.

I'm suspecting the common denominator may be me as the manager (?), given that this is highly unusual and happened on the same day. I am concerned making necessary changes might trigger more suspensions for other client accounts I manage. Is there a way to determine if I've been 'flagged' somehow, and address it, before it affects other client accounts?

Is there anything happening recently or insight anyone can offer? Thank you!

If you have 100 listings in your account and only 2 are suspended, it's not your account. The change itself is likely what's causing the suspension. What were you updating exactly with the name?

Hi Joy,
Updated by adding LLC to their names, requested by the respective clients.
Good news as of this morning, the accounts are not suspended any longer (I sent in reinstatement request yesterday immediately after it happened).
It's a scare when thinking about it impacting ALL clients attached to my gmail address as manager, particularly when I play by the rules. Made me think it may be wise to have another gmail address managing any new accounts going forward, to spread the accounts out. Little lesson, I guess.
Thank you for your quick reply, Joy. Grateful the community is here.

Yeah sounds like it was jus the edits that did it. Glad to hear they got reinstated quickly!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom