More threads by Nicole Basham

Nicole Basham

Reaction score
Hello:

Our clients get leads in daily through the GMB app's Request a Quote feature, which is part of messaging. There are generally multiple messages coming in a day. Yesterday, a message came in, but when you go to where you would respond to it, the message is gone, as are any other messages for that listing. The prompt is to edit your greeting, so it's like it's been wiped clean.

Is anyone else seeing this? I emailed GMB support but haven't had much luck since phone support ended. Since there is no way to pull data from the dashboard, we were reporting on this manually monthly for our client for lead tracking through the app, so all the messages being gone for all listings is not ideal.

Nicole,

So historically you always saw these messages in the app?

Nicole,

So historically you always saw these messages in the app?
Yes, the only place we could see these messages was on the app. Another reason why I was a bit frustrating that they had completely disappeared.

Surprisingly, I got a response already from GMB Support that was both helpful and also not helpful.

"We found that your Google My Business concern is the result of a technical issue. Our engineers are working on the issue but they don’t have an estimate for when they'll resolve it."

When I've gotten this type of reply in the past, it's typically taken months to resolve. I always hoped this feature would take off, because it's been a steady stream of qualified leads, but I know COVID probably stalled a lot of these peripheral features.

Anything else I should do another than wait @JoyHawkins?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom