More threads by bryanrainey

bryanrainey

Reaction score
Question for those who have worked with franchise systems. Do you typically set up a unique phone number for the GMBs for tracking purposes or use the same phone number that's on each location page? We're adding call recording phone numbers and curious what best-practice would be for tracking calls from the website vs GMB.

Also, if you have a unique phone number on the website and a different phone number on the GMB, which phone number do you use for citations?

Thanks in advance!
Brya

Hello Bryan

I use Call Tracking Metrics and Call Rail for my clients depending on which service they have. Call Rail is great as they have GMB integrations and quite a few other cool features.

The way we have it set up is we put the calling tracking number as the primary phone # while having the main phone number as a secondary. By adding the main phone number as an additional phone number, you are still staying connected to all your other NAP listings as well as preventing citation issues.

Thank you for the feedback! Last question, do you have separate tracking phone numbers for GMB and the website, or does Call Rail's integration with GMB make it so you only need 1 tracking number used on both web and GMB?

Sorry, I lied. One more question. Having the franchisee's main phone number on GMB as the secondary will still work for all NAP listings and prevent citation issues? I figured since the secondary number was not visible on GMB it would not work for citations, but that's awesome if it does!

Bryan

For the website, some of my clients have a tracking number while the other half doesn't as it's not needed. It really is preference based upon how you want to track. With CallRail, the options are amazing where you can set up as needed. If you only want GMB to track, you can do that or if you want both, you can do that as well.

In regards to secondary number, I have not seen any issues on my end as we put the call tracking number as the primary and the main number as the secondary and haven't seen any NAP issues via White spark, Bright Local or Moz.

You can actually get a lot of information from this article to help understand better

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom