More threads by monasseo

Reaction score
Quick question on photo organization and optimization within GMB. When we upload photos for clients in the GMB admin area, we try to include appropriate photos for the various categories GMB offers in the admin area. This includes:
  • Interior - photos of the interior of the business
  • Exterior - photos of the exterior of the business
  • At work - in this client's case, we include manufacturing pictures
  • Team - photos of employees/team members
  • 360, Video, and Identity - these are unique in their own way so I am not including these in my question
When we look on the front side listing and click to see Photos, the options are different:
  • All
  • Latest
  • By Owner
  • Street View & 360 degrees, and Videos - again these are unique in their own way so not including in my question
So my main question is this - is there any real benefit to uploading and categorizing photos using the categories Google offers in the admin area (ie Interior, Exterior, At Work, Team) vs just uploading all images into the main "Overview" category that seems to be the default? It seems that all the photos show up the same way on the front side regardless of what category you specify when you upload. So, why does Google offer those other categories in the admin area??

NOTE: I am specifically not including Products, 360, Video, or Identity categories because we treat those differently.

Thank you!

@monasseo, I haven't seen any benefit to organizing the photos much. For one thing, some photos could fall into multiple categories - like if you have a group ("team") photo taken outside of the building ("exterior"). Google seems to treat back-end categories as suggestions, but still throws them all into the same blender and pour them out any which way.

@monasseo, I haven't seen any benefit to organizing the photos much. For one thing, some photos could fall into multiple categories - like if you have a group ("team") photo taken outside of the building ("exterior"). Google seems to treat back-end categories as suggestions, but still throws them all into the same blender and pour them out any which way.
Thanks for confirming this @Phil Rozek. It helps us determine where to spend our time 🙂.

Quick question on photo organization and optimization within GMB. When we upload photos for clients in the GMB admin area, we try to include appropriate photos for the various categories GMB offers in the admin area. This includes:
  • Interior - photos of the interior of the business
  • Exterior - photos of the exterior of the business
  • At work - in this client's case, we include manufacturing pictures
  • Team - photos of employees/team members
  • 360, Video, and Identity - these are unique in their own way so I am not including these in my question
When we look on the front side listing and click to see Photos, the options are different:
  • All
  • Latest
  • By Owner
  • Street View & 360 degrees, and Videos - again these are unique in their own way so not including in my question
So my main question is this - is there any real benefit to uploading and categorizing photos using the categories Google offers in the admin area (ie Interior, Exterior, At Work, Team) vs just uploading all images into the main "Overview" category that seems to be the default? It seems that all the photos show up the same way on the front side regardless of what category you specify when you upload. So, why does Google offer those other categories in the admin area??

NOTE: I am specifically not including Products, 360, Video, or Identity categories because we treat those differently.

Thank you!

It will probably help you the day you get suspended (& need to prove that you are a legit business). It will also probably help you if someone plays the sneaky "suggest an edit" on you.

I use the word "probably" because I've no evidence to back my theory.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom