djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Google My Business Photos: The Ultimate Guide to Looking Good Online
by Jamie Pitman, BrightLocal
August 7, 2018

TL;DR

• 60% of consumers say local search results with good images capture their attention and push them towards a decision.
  • Upload a variety of images to Google My Business, including exterior shots, interior photos, snaps of staff, and pictures of products.
  • Avoid overly professional photography as this can actually make your business seem untrustworthy. People want a real feel for your business.
  • Do not use stock photography in your Google My Business listing. Google will find and delete stock photos.

Google advises businesses to upload several different types of image;

• At least three strong exterior photos, taken at different times of the day and showing the approach to the business from common angles
  • A minimum of three interior photos
  • Product photos for the most popular products and services you sell
  • One image of any common areas your business may have, such as the reception
  • A minimum of three management and team photos
  • For bars, restaurants and cafes, images of the most popular food and drinks
  • For hotels, images of guest rooms should be uploaded
It’s worth noting that the search engine’s research indicates that:
“…Businesses with photos receive 42% more requests for driving directions to their location from users on Google, and 35% more clicks through to their websites than businesses that don’t have photos.”​

Read more...

One of the pictures we have on our GMB page is showing as the default picture instead of the one that we have marked as the default. How can we get that fixed? It is not the most flattering picture. I was thinking we could delete it and see what happens but I didn't want to risk it if that is a bad idea.

Thoughts?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom