More threads by Mark789

Mark789

Reaction score
Hard suspension on GMB Followed by ranking problems

After changing my business name ( Just adding Ltd as I became a limited company) I received a hard suspension. The company I use use to deal with my listing contacted Google who advised creating a new listing . Google would not reinstate the original listing but they moved over my reviews from the suspended listing. The new listing is the same as the old one (with the additional of Ltd to the business nane) but my ranking on google maps is now very low at about 45th when I was previously 4th or 5th. I have received 6 more reviews for the new listing and its been a couple of months now and my ranking hasn't changed The company I have been using to deal with this issue don't seem

If Google refuses to reinstate the old listing, the only option is to create a new one. It will have a huge negative impact on your ranking, as you're describing. Do you still have the link to the old listing by any chance?

If Google refuses to reinstate the old listing, the only option is to create a new one. It will have a huge negative impact on your ranking, as you're describing. Do you still have the link to the old listing by any chance?
Hello Joy
Thank you for your reply. I only have the profile and the account for the old listing. I don't have a link from before it got suspended. I don't know where to get a link for it as it doesn't show up anywhere.I haven't marked it as permanently closed yet.

Thanks
Mark

Mark,

Are there other users that have access to the listing, or are you the only one that is listed as an owner or manager?

I would delete the other person and apply for reinstatement.

I would delete the other person and apply for reinstatement.
Hello Joy

The company that manages my listing went through the reinstatement process to be told by Google that we would have to set up a new listing which is very frustrating as the only change I made was adding Ltd to my business name.

I would suggest removing them from the listing and trying to apply for a reinstatement yourself. It's either your or their account that's likely the issue here and in the event that it's theirs, you might be able to get your old listing back.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom