More threads by hajnasiewicz

hajnasiewicz

GMB Product Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
I'm managing roughly 200 corporate owned grocery retail locations in GMB. For MONTHS I have been battling a gremlin in some of the attributes made available to our industry as a result of COVID-19. I try to keep all of our data totally up to date but find many, daily, are incorrect.

Masks are required in our stores, our Staff wear masks and they get daily temperature checks as well. Further, all of our stores are open for in store shopping. I have to audit almost daily to make sure there are no issues like these below. Store Managers are noticing, folks with bigger titles than mine are noticing, this is a super painful process. Any tips?

Yes, I reported to Google on three separate occasions, thought I'd check in here....

1616444284691.png

Last edited:
Next thing you'll want to try (if you haven't already); make sure the landing page URL on the site mentions those facts explicitly, in so many words. Makes the erroneous auto-updates less likely to continue, in my experience.

Next thing you'll want to try (if you haven't already); make sure the landing page URL on the site mentions those facts explicitly, in so many words. Makes the erroneous auto-updates less likely to continue, in my experience.
I believe I have identified the problem and am working on resolution. We have a GMB Mgmt service but data synching is out of whack. Thank you Phil.

That was going to be my suggestion, look at a 3rd part provider. If it was an onsite issue they would be struck out and in orange. Whereas orange is a suggestion, orange strike is a google data rejection and grey strike is a user suggestion.

In your case the changes are solid changes so that is an indication of software.

That was going to be my suggestion, look at a 3rd part provider. If it was an onsite issue they would be struck out and in orange. Whereas orange is a suggestion, orange strike is a google data rejection and grey strike is a user suggestion.

In your case the changes are solid changes so that is an indication of software.
Thanks Ben, I appreciate the info: "onsite issue they would be struck out and in orange. Whereas orange is a suggestion, orange strike is a google data rejection and grey strike is a user suggestion."

I also manage several hundred listings and have noticed this same bug. Google sets up these new attributes and then the attribute is in a beta status which triggers changes daily. Even Yext can't keep up. Our team manages GMB Updates daily. I have started collecting a log of all the locations that have the 'update' changes and send that spreadsheet to GMB Support ... to be honest (no luck).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom