More threads by AlmonteEXP

AlmonteEXP

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Paul and GMB is a new area for me to have issues with.

We were suspended 3 weeks ago and I hadn't seen any updates so I re-issued the reinstatement form Nov. 18 and was surprised to get an email right away from GMB. They asked for more information and to send documentation showing name of business and address. I did send this information and then received another message stating I do not meet google map guidelines and now I'm really stumped.

Our business name is a slogan ' U better call Paul Inc. the documentation I sent has both the business name and the brokerage name EXP Realty.

I changed the GMB name to Paul Schnittker and Team - EXP Reatly, Almonte.

My website ubettercallpaul.ca has my broker real estate information and slogan. I just don't understand. It's frustrating to say the least.

I would apprecate any information and help.

Thank you,
Paul

1605810696215.png

1605810726027.png

Hi Paul

One big thing I noticed right off the bat is the phone number on your listing and the phone number on the footer of your website is different. You want to make sure that your NAP is consistent throughout all your listings as well as your website.

The big thing here is Google is stating that your listing is suspended due to quality issues. What that means is Google is not satisfied with details you have entered. Please see below of common reasons your GMB Listing can get suspended and make adjustments as needed including name change, phone, etc.

Common reasons your GMB listing can get suspended include the following:

• Mistakes or variations of your business name appear online.
  • Multiple businesses claim to operate from your address.
  • Recent changes to your address, categories, name, website, or phone number have appeared on your listing.
  • The NAP (name, address, and phone number) on your GMB page does not match what’s found on directory listings. Be as consistent as possible, but don’t stress over exact phone formatting, abbreviations, or suite numbers.
  • You have multiple listings for the same business and/or location.
  • You’ve used keyword stuffing to artificially improve your search engine ranking.
  • You’re listed as a service-area business but neglected to disable your physical address. Home service businesses are already considered high risk.
  • Your business is not a brick and mortar (i.e., it’s an online store or virtual service). P.O boxes are not acceptable.
  • Your listed website is a forwarding URL.

I don't think the phone number is the issue. Google allows tracking numbers for instance, so they expect that some businesses phone numbers won't match exactly what's on the website.

I think the name was a big part of it, and needs to be fixed, but I suspect Google's not convinced that you have the authority to represent that location/address. When you look at the address on street view it looks like a century 21 agency.

Hey @Colan Nielsen Streetview shows Century 21 Explorer Reality. Also, that listing is unclaimed, so it could be a soft suspension. I am wondering if this is an account level suspension, meaning multiple listings associated with one account all got suspended or if Google took issue with this address. @AlmonteEXP you do need to fix the name to comply with the TOS. I can't decipher what the name needs to be. The website shows U Better Call Paul and your listing is under your name and EXP Realty. You will need to get that sorted out and figure out if it is an account level suspension or a location suspension and then apply for reinstatement accordingly.

Most of the real estate verification and suspension issues I've seen is just because of how many real estate listings naturally use the same address. Paul sent me the thread over at the GMB forum and I'm gonna go ahead and escalate it for him.

I don't think the name is the issue but will update you guys if Google says otherwise.

Update: The listing got reinstated so Colan was correct in assuming the issue was the address and the fact that street view was showing a different business.

When you look at the address on street view it looks like a century 21 agency.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom