JWDM

Reaction score
2 part question

1) I have a new client that has an epic mismatch of addresses and address format on the internet. I have done an extensive audit of their backlink profile and while a majority of his citations and directories have different information, about 1/3 of them follow some sort of format of the listing on the website that includes Suite spelled out.

Here is the issue:

USPS has their address with STE
Their website and the majority of backlink profiles have Suite spelled out
Their successful GMB listing has # instead of Suite

I know it is a small change but am nervous about updating anything on GMB right now. Should I try to update all of his listings with the # and follow the existing GMB format or update GMB to Suite or STE to follow the bulk of backlinks.

2) The main attorney has his name in the title before the firm name "Joe Attorney New England Family Law" he wants to remove his name so that it is just a firm profile. I would like to do this as well and set up attorney GMB profiles for everyone in the office but again I don't want to fix it if it is not broken. Should I leave as is?

Thank you for any advice!

Contractor

Reaction score
I am not a pro and will wait for them to comment. But I thought that didn't matter anymore. Suite, Unit, #, etc. I thought years ago it was determined that Google didn't care any longer and making it all the same did not help like it did in years past.

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Trying to figure out why I am dropping in the SERPS Help & Support for Google Local 7
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
chadkimball Trying to change my signature from Chad Kimball Maps to Chaddo.com as the link anchor Forum Tech Support 2
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
S Trying To Gain Ownership of Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
coachmarino Company trying to sell client back their own GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
K GMB Server Errors when trying to report a duplicate Google My Business & Google Maps 2
K Help, False Listings, I've tried everything to remove them! It's bankrupting me! Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A SAB trying to rank 1 specific service Local Search 3
D Tried to start a new GMB after suspended, is URL blacklisted? Starting to think so... Google My Business & Google Maps 7
WAHamilton Trying to Find Category for 'General Contractor' in Canada NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
M North Face tried to scam Wikipedia to get its products to the top of Google search Organic SEO 0
Tim Colling Someone trying to change GMB location name, EVERY DAY Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Tim Colling Has anyone tried / Does anyone use Local Viking Local Search Experts Forum 3
djbaxter Davis tried to register another account Mod Squad 0
chadkimball Chad Kimball Google Maps Business Rant.. read this if you are trying to get started in this business! Recycle Bin 0
J Interesting, Sneak Way of Trying to Game Multi Location Google My Business Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Eric Rohrback Google's Trying to Edge Out Adobe Local SEO Tools & Software 2
travelincat Trying to create a GMB Brand Page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C Question/Problem - Trying to rank one landing page in multiple cities Local Search 10
Broland Google Listing Disappeared With Recent Update? - Try This Google My Business & Google Maps 68
Linda Buquet Tried this for Local Links and Citations? Brilliant for the Right Type of Client Local Search 4
Mark Warner Have You Ever Tried "Computer Glasses" Consultant's Corner 13
Linda Buquet Consultants: Have you Tried PEEK for your Local Search Clients Yet? Consultant's Corner 18
V Trying to improve my rankings, help from Spain! Help & Support for Google Local 0
Todd McCall Trying to bring satellite offices into compliance with guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 4
jvaquino Has anyone tried Factual's "Write API" option? Local SEO Tools & Software 2
Linda Buquet New Powerhouse Group Trying to Kill Google Local 7 Pack Google My Business & Google Maps 24
HurricaneK8 Competitor trying to defame clinic with fake reviews :( Local Reviews 14
ColoradoChris State - Keywords - Location - State | Trying to clarify how to rank for state wide Local Search 2
shondarogers Go with Dentist Places Listing or Try to Promote Office Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Don't Try To Fix Your Google Maps Listing Yourself, Call Google? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
S Trying To Understand G+ and Authorship.... Google Local 101 10
grantbrott Scary Wording When Trying To Delete Page Google My Business & Google Maps 1
R 404 error when trying to go to Google Places Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A GMB - Still Suspended - Can't figure out why Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Travis Van Slooten SuperPages.com is a Nightmare to Figure Out! Citations 4
tudogz Location Specific QSR figures Local SEO Tools & Software 0
ColoradoChris Need help figuring out how to NOT do local seo? Local Search 6
JoshuaMackens Interesting Case Study - See If You Can Figure It Out Help & Support for Google Local 8
Dustybones Matt Cutts wisdom on how to figure out what Algorithm you have been hit with Local Search 0
Linda Buquet 7 Things I?ve Figured Out About The New Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 2
T I think I might have figured out this ranking puzzle... Ranking Puzzles 11
T I think I might have figured out this ranking puzzle... Ranking Puzzles 11
K Correct use of schema Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Gerry.Foster Help With Automotive Departments displaying correctly Help & Support for Google Local 2
NickB-Tampa URL is updated in Google My Business but doesn't show up correctly in maps or on Bright Local Local Search 2
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Zhanna Which tracker shows correct data? Massive drop down in rankings in one of the trackers Help & Support for Google Local 3