More threads by vtrjavier

vtrjavier

Reaction score
Hello friends. I am just starting with this experience in Rank and Rent sites. I'm just getting into the subject. Although I have a lot of doubts about it. One of them is how I could validate a niche to work, what aspects do you take into consideration when working it, and if it is not too much, could you help me with a list of possible services that work in city or country.
Thank you.
:)

Solution
@vtrjavier, I suggest avoiding rank-and-rent. It is a minefield of problems, for you and for possible clients. There's also the question of: what kinds of people will you attract?

By the way, I assume you're talking about not only ranking and leasing a website, but also a Google My Business page. That's where the strategy is filled with problems big and small. But even if you plan only to develop sites - like on certain niche topics - it's still very tough sailing.

Anyway, just to play Devil's advocate, I'd say that the rank-and-rent strategy only has a realistic chance of working in less-competitive niches, or in less-competitive regions, in which a business may have existed for a number of years and done OK, but...
@vtrjavier, I suggest avoiding rank-and-rent. It is a minefield of problems, for you and for possible clients. There's also the question of: what kinds of people will you attract?

By the way, I assume you're talking about not only ranking and leasing a website, but also a Google My Business page. That's where the strategy is filled with problems big and small. But even if you plan only to develop sites - like on certain niche topics - it's still very tough sailing.

Anyway, just to play Devil's advocate, I'd say that the rank-and-rent strategy only has a realistic chance of working in less-competitive niches, or in less-competitive regions, in which a business may have existed for a number of years and done OK, but without much or any online marketing / visibility. Businesses that specialize in appliance repair, transmission repair, excavation, or environmental testing are a few examples that come to mind. In most regions the competition isn't very tough, and so the bar for getting a site / GMB page to rank isn't too high.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom