vtrjavier

Reaction score
Hello friends. I am just starting with this experience in Rank and Rent sites. I'm just getting into the subject. Although I have a lot of doubts about it. One of them is how I could validate a niche to work, what aspects do you take into consideration when working it, and if it is not too much, could you help me with a list of possible services that work in city or country.
Thank you.
:)

Solution
@vtrjavier, I suggest avoiding rank-and-rent. It is a minefield of problems, for you and for possible clients. There's also the question of: what kinds of people will you attract?

By the way, I assume you're talking about not only ranking and leasing a website, but also a Google My Business page. That's where the strategy is filled with problems big and small. But even if you plan only to develop sites - like on certain niche topics - it's still very tough sailing.

Anyway, just to play Devil's advocate, I'd say that the rank-and-rent strategy only has a realistic chance of working in less-competitive niches, or in less-competitive regions, in which a business may have existed for a number of years and...

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@vtrjavier, I suggest avoiding rank-and-rent. It is a minefield of problems, for you and for possible clients. There's also the question of: what kinds of people will you attract?

By the way, I assume you're talking about not only ranking and leasing a website, but also a Google My Business page. That's where the strategy is filled with problems big and small. But even if you plan only to develop sites - like on certain niche topics - it's still very tough sailing.

Anyway, just to play Devil's advocate, I'd say that the rank-and-rent strategy only has a realistic chance of working in less-competitive niches, or in less-competitive regions, in which a business may have existed for a number of years and done OK, but without much or any online marketing / visibility. Businesses that specialize in appliance repair, transmission repair, excavation, or environmental testing are a few examples that come to mind. In most regions the competition isn't very tough, and so the bar for getting a site / GMB page to rank isn't too high.

Solution
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Duplicate listings on Google ( GMB Listings ) popping up a lot lately - listing being 'stolen' by someone else... Local Search 2
H Seems like someone is trying to Steal my clients GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 6
J How to make someone else admin without losing access? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Someone from Google Corporate just joined Admin Stuff 1
LocalSEODat Can someone help with this Top Snack Pk ranking fake GMB listing? Spam on Google 3
Tim Colling Someone trying to change GMB location name, EVERY DAY Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Simon Cox Someone added Special Hours for the busiest day of the year and set it to closed... Google My Business & Google Maps 6
MiriamEllis Forum etiquette when someone is spamming Local Search 4
R Someone suggested this status: Permanently Closed Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Is there a way to tell if someone is 301 redirecting to your site. Local Search 1
H When someone gives you a referral, do you give them a cut? Consultant's Corner 6
C Proximity from centroid enough to keep someone out of the map pack? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Andrew Forster Map Maker Approval - Can I get someone to approve this edit? Help & Support for Google Local 3
Linda Buquet Seeing Red - Someone STEALING all my Training Mod Squad 6
shondarogers Can you tell if a Google+ Local listing is already claimed in someone else's dash? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
B How does someone behoove a particular liveliness coach? Recycle Bin 0
Jo Shaer Not really Places related but hope someone can help Local Search 1
S Blue check mark and says "provides service" NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
A Google My Business Provider Program API Access İssues Recycle Bin 0
jross The website provided by GMB - Good or Bad? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter Webinar Wordfence Live, Oct 27, 2020: How Secure is Your Hosting Provider? Events 0
Ben Walsh Reputable White Hat Backlink Providers Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
hajnasiewicz Search results for service we do not provide Multi-Location Issues 16
kathleen.rhodes Google's My Business Provider - how does a Chamber of Commerce sign up Help & Support for Google Local 6
J How can I keep my locations from ranking for services they do not provide? Ranking Puzzles 2
C Is there a business or service provider that fights GMB spam? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Tim Colling Call Tracking Metrics no longer provides phone support Recycle Bin 1
Mathew Coghlan Best / cheapest provider to set up multiple phone numbers Google My Business & Google Maps 3
P Broadband provider blocks wordpress site: Effect on SEO / local search? Local Search 2
Garrett Sussman Agency Strategy: Providing Managed vs. Self-Service Marketing Solutions Local Reviews 2
Matthew Clancy Portal Providing Multiple Unique Phone Numbers Local Search 0
L Portal provides unique phone number for call analytics, how to handle this with NAP ? Local Search 4
TheHighlander New Client, Previous Provider Added Domain To GSC Remove URLs Local Search 6
Linda Buquet Moz Local Now Provides Google NAP Change Alerts Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ray Litvak How to Transition from a being a Web Writer to a Local SEO Services Provider Consultant's Corner 3
K Removing address on site after submitting service area biz to G, data providers Local Search 3
SteveQ Google My Business - Business & Provider Page Google My Business & Google Maps 6
S Radical SERP changed based upon internet provider?? Ranking Puzzles 11
S Radical SERP changed based upon internet provider?? Ranking Puzzles 11
Jason Rogers "business information provided by american express" Local Search 6
Colan Nielsen 15 Ways Clients Can Build a Better Relationship With Their SEO Provider Consultant's Corner 2
sergiuliano Keyword Non-Provided Analysis Organic SEO 3
Travis Van Slooten Dentist is Nervous About Providing Access to His Google Accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Mike Wilton The information provided isn't eligible for verification... Help & Support for Google Local 3
C Service provider - Google plus business page merger Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter Google provides videos and articles for hacked site recovery Organic SEO 1
Linda Buquet We changed the name and location to our company. The old phone number is provided the Recycle Bin 0
M Where does this type of SPAM come from? Spam on Google 7
hajnasiewicz What is this type of knowledge panel called Local Search 5