lincolnchan

LocalU Member

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this? I'm familiar with Google Guaranteed for ads (our clients still on the waitlist or whatever 🤷‍♀️) but first I've ever heard anything about a GMB subscription. Has anyone been involved in survey, Google's experiment, or is this live for anyone? Really innnnteresting.....

Brock1321M

I haven't really seen this other than the clients that I do have that are GG, the checkmark how's on maps.

I looked up pest control in our area and found the major companies like Terminix have it while the smaller ones do not.

Here's the link to what I get when I look up pest control

When I click '10+ pest control technicians nearby' I get this page. All the green checkmarks are on the top list with a separator bar and then the ones without the green marks.

Here are some screenshots of the feature in the wild for plumbers FYI

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.36.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.36.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.36.12 PM.png

Lanerizz

Attached is a response I got from support, looks like something that'll be rolled out to more whenever they feel like it?

Google My Business Upgraded Profile Response 2.png

Has anyone heard anything further about this?

I noticed two of the same type of trade contractors in my area now have the google guaranteed logo on there normal GMB listing. I can’t find anything for me to sign up for it. I use Local Services ads and I am google guaranteed. I was actually the first in my area.

Brock1321M

Has anyone heard anything further about this?

I noticed two of the same type of trade contractors in my area now have the google guaranteed logo on there normal GMB listing. I can’t find anything for me to sign up for it. I use Local Services ads and I am google guaranteed. I was actually the first in my area.
Could be these new $50/month "upgraded" GMBs. I would also check your categories and compair them with your competeiors, they could have a cat that is eligible for GG.

That's exactly what I am looking for, the $50 paid option that we have been hearing about.

FWIW, those contractors no longer have the Google Guaranteed badge next to their GMB listing so I guess it's still being tested.

TomW

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Yes, this is still being tested so you may see GMB listings with the Google Guaranteed badge for businesses that aren't actually paying $50/month for the GMB upgrade.

There are businesses that are in the $50/month program but it is still a small amount at this point.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Most UpVoted Answers

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom