More threads by lincolnchan

lincolnchan

Reaction score

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this? I'm familiar with Google Guaranteed for ads (our clients still on the waitlist or whatever 🤷‍♀️) but first I've ever heard anything about a GMB subscription. Has anyone been involved in survey, Google's experiment, or is this live for anyone? Really innnnteresting.....

I looked up pest control in our area and found the major companies like Terminix have it while the smaller ones do not.

Here's the link to what I get when I look up pest control

When I click '10+ pest control technicians nearby' I get this page. All the green checkmarks are on the top list with a separator bar and then the ones without the green marks.

Here are some screenshots of the feature in the wild for plumbers FYI

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.36.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.36.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.36.12 PM.png

Attached is a response I got from support, looks like something that'll be rolled out to more whenever they feel like it?

Google My Business Upgraded Profile Response 2.png

I'm not even sure it is going to roll out. It's only available to a very limited number of people right now.

Has anyone heard anything further about this?

I noticed two of the same type of trade contractors in my area now have the google guaranteed logo on there normal GMB listing. I can’t find anything for me to sign up for it. I use Local Services ads and I am google guaranteed. I was actually the first in my area.

Has anyone heard anything further about this?

I noticed two of the same type of trade contractors in my area now have the google guaranteed logo on there normal GMB listing. I can’t find anything for me to sign up for it. I use Local Services ads and I am google guaranteed. I was actually the first in my area.
Could be these new $50/month "upgraded" GMBs. I would also check your categories and compair them with your competeiors, they could have a cat that is eligible for GG.

That's exactly what I am looking for, the $50 paid option that we have been hearing about.

FWIW, those contractors no longer have the Google Guaranteed badge next to their GMB listing so I guess it's still being tested.

Yes, this is still being tested so you may see GMB listings with the Google Guaranteed badge for businesses that aren't actually paying $50/month for the GMB upgrade.

There are businesses that are in the $50/month program but it is still a small amount at this point.

Hi TomW, I see that a lot of contractors in my area now have the Google Guaranteed badge in their listings, both desktop and mobile. I'd really like to get in on this (and I have been using LSA since it's inception, so I am already background checked), do you know of a way I can contact someone at Google to ask?

I'm seeing the same now with Austin Texas roofers, on mobile only. I have clients in the program that aren't getting the same treatment, wondering why.

There is still a lot of testing going on and you may see a few variations. You might see the badge on Maps only, you might also see it on mobile. Sometimes the listing may have a tracking phone number and other times it won't. And you may not ever see it on some listings even if the business is in LSA. I'd say a very small percentage of listings you see it on have actually been able to enable the upgrade. If they have, you should see the badge regardless of how you view their listing (on Maps, mobile, desktop).

There is still a lot of testing going on and you may see a few variations. You might see the badge on Maps only, you might also see it on mobile. Sometimes the listing may have a tracking phone number and other times it won't. And you may not ever see it on some listings even if the business is in LSA. I'd say a very small percentage of listings you see it on have actually been able to enable the upgrade. If they have, you should see the badge regardless of how you view their listing (on Maps, mobile, desktop).
Thank you for the update. I have a question about this part:

"Sometimes the listing may have a tracking phone number and other times it won't. And you may not ever see it on some listings even if the business is in LSA."

Will they be putting the LSA tracking number in the GMB profile? I would hope not, I don't want to have to pay for leads if they find me in GMB.

The tests involve a unique tracking number and the business is not charged for the leads from GMB.

Talked to a Google Local Services rep today who told me the Google Guaranteed badge on GMB listings is only for businesses not running Local Services Ads or Google Ads, and we'd have to delete ALL of our accounts {including GMB} and restart everything in order to have a chance of getting this option.

When I pointed out multiple competitors currently running Google Ads and LSAs with the badge, he said they would get taken down as thats not allowed.

Can't imagine any of this is true, but any additional insights on how to get into this program would be great to hear as it's a ridiculous competitive disadvantage to be up against companies in the three pack with it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom