Kyrton

Reaction score
Has anyone seen much difference in leads generated with their existing PPC campaigns since google has broadened it's "Home Services" program?

joetroyer

Reaction score
We?re working a PPC Campaign right now in a vertical across 15 cities in the US. I can tell you google home services is cheaper in most of the markets. I could easily do a little case study on this... I?f that?s if value let me know

Kyrton

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer.

I was just curious if there was a drop in clicks on the PPC now that Home Services has come out.

Reaction score
Joe,
I, for one, would love to see a case study on that. Hope you'll publish one! Please, let me know if you do.

joetroyer

Reaction score
Hey Miriam, just reached out to one of my clients for permission to share. I?m sure they will be fine with it...

Anything in particular you?d like to see?

For me I?m thinking CPA & volume comparison.

Reaction score
That's great, Joe. Yes, I'd think cost per click/lead + volume would be the most important metrics.

Reaction score
Joe, that is an absolutely AWESOME blog post, and I'm going to go tweet it right now. I'll be putting it in the Moz Twitter lineup as well. What a thorough tutorial, and the real gem in there was the numbers you saw of LSA vs. Adwords - whoa!

Thanks so much for the effort you put in on this. Really an excellent writeup.

joetroyer

Reaction score
Appreciate the kind works Miriam! And the share it means a ton! We are excited to share a whole lot more on our blog this year... If there's anything you think we should add, or cover in the future let us know!

Chris Alphen

Reaction score
I second Miriam. Thanks Joe. Your post seems to indicate 0 churn as the CPA of $18 is the same as the cost per lead. So did this client receive 102 leads--all of which turned into customers?
Thanks again for the great post. I'll share it as well.

joetroyer

Reaction score
I second Miriam. Thanks Joe. Your post seems to indicate 0 churn as the CPA of $18 is the same as the cost per lead. So did this client receive 102 leads--all of which turned into customers?
Thanks again for the great post. I'll share it as well.

CPA here is for a call or Web form not a booked service call. The two mediums adwords & Lsa are converting into booked service calls at essentially the same rate.

Chris Alphen

Reaction score
thanks for the clarification Joe. We have a plumbing/HVAC client who is in LSA but the campaign has been in pause mode from the beginning since staff is too busy. At some point we'll turn it on, if for no other reason than to determine the CPA. In the meantime would you care to share conversion % of LSA leads?
Also I was told by a Google rep that leads are now by phone call only--web forms are out. We'd either take the call live or it would go to voice mail where it would show up in the dashboard under new.

joetroyer

Reaction score
After cancellations - actual service calls that get completed runs 65-75% of the charged leads from LSA.

Chris Alphen

Reaction score
Thanks again Joe. We might just only turn on the higher value HVAC leads under those metrics.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Garrett Sussman How to Create the Perfect Home Services Listing on Google, Angie's List, and Home Adv Local Reviews 3
James Watt Google Home Service Ads expands industries and comes to the East Coast Paid Search and Local Service Ads 9
Garrett Sussman What is the Google Home Service Ads Program? Local Reviews 6
Jim Froling Three Pack To Be ALL "Sponsored" With Google's New Home Service Ads Google My Business & Google Maps 25
R Google Home Service Ads Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet Official Launch: Google Home Service Ads - Some Observations Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
Linda Buquet Contractors: Free Google Webinar on Digital Marketing for Home Services Local Search 2
DanLeibson Google Testing New Paid Home Services Local Pack Paid Search and Local Service Ads 10
Linda Buquet BREAKING: Is Google Getting into the Home Services Market Like Amazon? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter A (home) movie about how Google Search works Organic SEO 0
Dana Franks Google putting home page title keyword on other pages Organic SEO 6
BenFisher New Google My Business Home Layout Rollling out - With GSuite Gmail Upsell Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Tim Colling Home Care Voice Search Optimization: Alexa Echo Show 2 vs. Google Home Hub (The Winner is Yelp) Local Search 4
AndySimpson 📺 Google My Business on the new Google Home Hub Google My Business & Google Maps 8
J Did everyone see the new Google Home with the Screen? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 7
Jim Froling Google Home Shopping Ads Coming to LA! Is Your Town Next? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
pbarnhart Google Wants To Know Where "Home" and "Work" are Local Search 5
K Home Advisor Jumping into the Google Local Spam Game? Spam on Google 11
S Setting up Google Business when working from home??? Service Area Businesses 2
S Setting up Google Business when working from home??? Service Area Businesses 2
dani Google + local page and home address issue Help & Support for Google Local 6
RobinOctane What Would You Do? Leased Location vs Home Office, Big 3 vs Google Local Search 7
bluehabit Citations For Google Plus when its a Home Address Citations 1
Flash Re: Virtual Offices/Home Address & Google Plus Local Recycle Bin 0
K Virtual Offices/Home Address & Google Plus Local Help & Support for Google Local 24
Linda Buquet Can You Risk NOT Hiding your Address on Google? For Home Based Businesses Local Search 11
Jac Google My business Photos - Uploaded but not reflecting on contribution page Google My Business & Google Maps 1
AndySimpson Google My Business Opening Date - What Date Should You Use? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Lanerizz Google Analytics 4 Organic SEO 1
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 11
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
JoshuaMackens Google Posts & Ranking Local Search 10
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
djbaxter Webinar Get together with Google Search at Search Central Live - February 23, 2021 Events 0
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2
Professor M Google slapped in France over misleading hotel star ratings Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
D Google Spam Fighting Question Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
U Google showing location of Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 2
Lluc Google launches Years in Business in Search Google My Business & Google Maps 3
PaulSteinbrueck Average Google rating no longer in Google Knowledge Panel? Local Reviews 8
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D Google "Find Results on" Error Local Search 3
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
D Google Maps, Years in Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
H Google COVID 19 posts getting suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 2