More threads by Linda Buquet

Google I/O Conference Take-aways?

Is anyone else surprised or disappointed with the Google I/O conference? For insights/news on search (that is Google's keystone, isn't it?), there is very little to take away from the sessions. Some enlightening stuff on Maps, Hangouts, Wallet, other Google properties. OK...

I find it strange that with all the upheaval lately in local search e.g. Places integration w/G+, new (and fluctuating)U/I's, etc. etc., there would be some formal rollout there on what was and is yet to be. At least as a single session under the Maps agenda.

What do you think? Have you not watched a stream from G I/O? Just check out the agenda at:https://developers.google.com/events/io/sessions

Please, if you see something here I'm missing, let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Google I/O Conference Take-aways?

Yes I was a little disappointed too Jim. But Places/Local has always sorta felt like the neglected stepchild of Maps.

I have some other posts I am going to try to make today highlighting some changes. But I'm sick as a dog. Have some kinda nasty bug including total and complete laryngitis. So I'm running slow... will try to pull my thoughts together into a post or two this AM.

In the meantime, Professor Maps has the best coverage, so if you have not, should all go read all his recent posts. Here is the latest with some great tips and hacks to preview the new stuff that's coming.

Some Tidbits from Google’s Rollouts Yesterday

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom