MoneypennyCO

Reaction score
Hey guys,

We have a client on Google LSAs. His business has been fully verified and approved. His profile is complete and consistent with his GMB page. His budget and bid is more than competitive for his industry, but the number of leads he is getting each week is well below the estimated number of leads projected by Google.

What could be some of the factors that are affecting the lead generation?

Thanks for your feedback. (y)

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@MoneypennyCO, all kinds of things could affect the lead volume. But one thing I've found after 15 years of AdWords work: at least 50% of success (or failure) in PPC depends on how sticky the site is. You can have a near-perfect ad campaign that doesn't amount to a hill of beans, if the site fumbles traffic sent its way.

In other words, what happens after the click? People need to see a real clear picture, right away, of exactly what the business offers, exactly how it's a better fit than the alternatives, and what you want the searcher to do.

So unless something majo changed on the site recently (which could explain the quiet period), I'd look at how you can change it now to deliver more boom. It's where a granular page structure, detailed pages, FAQs showcasing your reviews on the site (with links back to where they were written), good old copywriting, photos, and maybe videos all come into play. Unless you're bidding on pretty niche search terms, then you have about 10 seconds to earn someone's attention for maybe another 2 minutes.

MoneypennyCO

Reaction score
@MoneypennyCO, all kinds of things could affect the lead volume. But one thing I've found after 15 years of AdWords work: at least 50% of success (or failure) in PPC depends on how sticky the site is. You can have a near-perfect ad campaign that doesn't amount to a hill of beans, if the site fumbles traffic sent its way.

In other words, what happens after the click? People need to see a real clear picture, right away, of exactly what the business offers, exactly how it's a better fit than the alternatives, and what you want the searcher to do.

So unless something majo changed on the site recently (which could explain the quiet period), I'd look at how you can change it now to deliver more boom. It's where a granular page structure, detailed pages, FAQs showcasing your reviews on the site (with links back to where they were written), good old copywriting, photos, and maybe videos all come into play. Unless you're bidding on pretty niche search terms, then you have about 10 seconds to earn someone's attention for maybe another 2 minutes.
Thanks for your reply, Phil. My question actually pertains to Google's Local Services Ads. These Ads lead to phone calls and don't take the searcher to the client's website.

MoneypennyCO

Reaction score
Can you share some details on the industry, city, and how many leads you're currently getting a month?
Thanks for your reply, Joy. He is a plumber. His business is located in one of the suburbs of Atlanta. Based on his budget, Google is projecting he should be receiving 18+ leads per week. He rarely gets more than 4-5.

2021-02-26_06-37-56.jpg

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@MoneypennyCO, I appreciate the clarification, and realize my reply sounded off-topic, but the thought is that many people who find your LSA eventually hit the website. Even though Google tries to keep people from making it that far, many do. Just as part of their due diligence. (Unless maybe the service is very inexpensive and would-be customers aren't inclined to do much research.)

Matt Casady

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
@MoneypennyCO, taking a look at this article may help About ad rankings - Google Ads Help. It's a Google support article on ad rankings that mentions things like:
  • Your review score and the number of reviews you receive
  • Your responsiveness to customer inquiries and requests
  • Your proximity to potential customers' locations
So make sure your client is getting more reviews, answering all leads, and if they have multiple locations make sure each is set up on LSAs.

BTW, the Google projected leads/week can't be trusted at all.

MoneypennyCO

Reaction score
Thanks, Matt. He is solid on all the ranking factors that Google says supposedly impact how often his Ads will show up.

I've thought the same thing you mentioned here as the real issue: "BTW, the Google projected leads/week can't be trusted at all."

dunkinbbb

Reaction score
@Phil Rozek

Always appreciate you sharing your experiences and knowledge.

Re: Google reviews showing up in LSA review counts - that has not been our experience.

When we first signed up a couple of years ago - yes - but, for at least the last year - GMB Google reviews mount - we use a third party app - but not so the LSA review count?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Sure thing, @dunkinbbb. I'm not sure I understand the question.

I've seen consistently that Google Maps reviews show up in 2 places - the usual Google Maps/GMB review count, and on the LSA page - but reviews written through LSA only show up in 1 place (on your LSA page).

Brock1321M

Reaction score
Great point, Phil! (y)
How much you will show up for with LSA's is based on three factors. 1. Proximity 2. Reviews 3. responsiveness (answering the phone) The estimated lead count is a loose number at BEST. It's just like FB's estimated reach count when you run paid ads. The real number is not even close. I have a plumbing client in New Jersey that has his estimated weekly budget at $4,500 weekly, and he doesn't even come close. (wish it would) Maybe a handful of leads per week. LSAs are great but the volume just isn't going to be there, and you should run call/search ads combined with your LSAs.

MoneypennyCO

Reaction score
How much you will show up for with LSA's is based on three factors. 1. Proximity 2. Reviews 3. responsiveness (answering the phone) The estimated lead count is a loose number at BEST. It's just like FB's estimated reach count when you run paid ads. The real number is not even close. I have a plumbing client in New Jersey that has his estimated weekly budget at $4,500 weekly, and he doesn't even come close. (wish it would) Maybe a handful of leads per week. LSAs are great but the volume just isn't going to be there, and you should run call/search ads combined with your LSAs.
Thanks, Brock. Appreciate your insights. (y)