More threads by Fskaff

Fskaff

Solutions
Reaction score
Is there a glitch or something? I updated hours for mine and some clients for the upcoming easter holiday and I got mine and another suspeneded?

Something is really going on with our account and with GBP. We recently took over management of a location. We took over control of the GBP listing and it asked us to re-verify. The postcard was sent and received and we entered the verification code. It was successful. 12 minutes later we were suspended. This makes no sense.

Something is really going on with our account and with GBP. We recently took over management of a location. We took over control of the GBP listing and it asked us to re-verify. The postcard was sent and received and we entered the verification code. It was successful. 12 minutes later we were suspended. This makes no sense.

I refuse to even touch any GMB listing right now, just would be nice if they would say hey fix this.

We just got one of two accounts unsuspended. But now it appears that any change we make to any account results in a re-verification. I uploaded a video to one of our accounts yesterday and today we have a re-verification notification. Another account that was newly verified last week, now is asking us to re-verify even though we've made no changes to that account. At this rate, I don't want to do anything in GBP for fear of getting suspended or having to re-verify.

I had a few accounts go through some touchy phases of hard suspensions after innocent category changes, after which we slowed down the amount of changes and types of changes we'd make to incoming profiles that were already driving traffic. Creates an anxiety that's hard to get over!!

Just had another location that needed to be re-verified. Received the postcard. Entered the code. Said successful. Just checked a few hours later and it's suspended. I'm really getting angry about Google. They hold they keys to the castle, yet their system is completely unreliable.

Just had another location that needed to be re-verified. Received the postcard. Entered the code. Said successful. Just checked a few hours later and it's suspended. I'm really getting angry about Google. They hold they keys to the castle, yet their system is completely unreliable.

Miserable. I wonder if people reporting the listing has any impact, or if your IP / account has something to do with it, since this started after you took over? Just musings..

We've had this particular business for years. We took out a category that a user had suggested, and that's what triggered a re-verify. Then the above just happened. But you definitely have me thinking that our overall account must have been flagged for extra scrutiny. Again, we manage 100 GBP locations and are editing existing and adding new ones frequently. I know this is a shot in the dark, but would paying for the Google Business Advisor help at all? I doubt it, but it would sure be great to have someone on the inside. ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom